Metro Exodus

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
will changing platform affect its price?
9ad3f49d9f06fd22da699d9be2d9671f.png

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Correction: The steam price is around 70$
Still I don't wanna wait a whole year just to buy it on steam.
Tough shit? It’s such a first world problem to not want to use a competitor launcher
[doublepost=1549303450][/doublepost]
Somebodies lying...
Easy guess. Epic already said that different regional pricing isn’t intentional so it’s not meant to be more expensive

Reactions: List

Gabby

Atom
Nebulae
Pretty much, you either want the game or don’t.
People who don't want to use the epic launcher do want the game but don't wanna give a company they dislike any money on a shitty launcher client.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
People who don't want to use the epic launcher do want the game but don't wanna give a company they dislike any money on a shitty launcher client.
Steam is also a shitty launcher client. Hasn’t had a big update for years and in case you haven’t noticed, the company that make Valve stopped making games (mostly) over a decade ago; they’re not looking out for your as a consumer either.
[doublepost=1549303859][/doublepost]Publisher wanted to take an exclusivity deal, up to them and the alternate launcher changes nothing really. The price is the same and if it isn’t it’s not intentional so you’re complaining about clicking a different desktop shortcut

Gabby

Atom
Nebulae
Steam is also a shitty launcher client. Hasn’t had a big update for years and in case you haven’t noticed, the company that make Valve stopped making games (mostly) over a decade ago; they’re not looking out for your as a consumer either.
At least steam HAS other uses such as being able to talk with other people about a specific and meet people that are still my friends to this day. Plus the review system allows people to make sure the game they're buying is actually good instead of taking a blind chance on a game they don't know much about. I'm not taking the chance of falling for "professional game reviewers" since most of them are paid off shills and scumbags.

Reading through the post that 4a dev made really shows they don't give a flying fuck but because they "worked hard" we can't complain about their shitty choices.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
At least steam HAS other uses such as being able to talk with other people about a specific and meet people that are still my friends to this day. Plus the review system allows people to make sure the game they're buying is actually good instead of taking a blind chance on a game they don't know much about. I'm not taking the chance of falling for "professional game reviewers" since most of them are paid off shills and scumbags.

Reading through the post that 4a dev made really shows they don't give a flying fuck but because they "worked hard" we can't complain about their shitty choices.
Ah yes the review system that allows consumers to absolutely bomb a game based on decisions made by a publisher. Don’t buy their game then, you’re boycotting a fucking game launcher because of a loyalty to Steam at this point; you know what you get for that loyalty? Fuck all

Gabby

Atom
Nebulae
Ah yes the review system that allows consumers to absolutely bomb a game based on decisions made by a publisher. Don’t buy their game then, you’re boycotting a fucking game launcher because of a loyalty to Steam at this point; you know what you get for that loyalty? Fuck all
In that case lets just close down the HL2RP server and move on to Epic Games launcher for FortniteRP since steam isn't worth our time.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
In that case lets just close down the HL2RP server and move on to Epic Games launcher for FortniteRP since steam isn't worth our time.
I’d happily launch a game on the Epic Store and I’d hope someday we will launch a game on both (Epic don’t require exclusivity, welcome to the open ecosystem).

I’m not against Steam, I’m just not going to pretend they’ve somehow earned the position of defacto PC platform.

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Is there anything actually wrong with metro changing platforms?

Cause I don’t see anything wrong in the developers wanting more money for a game they made

I don't think there'd be a problem if they didn't have a super long pre-order period and then a few days before scheduled release went ''SIKE NIBBA TOO BAD wait until 2020 if you want your pre-order''

other than that I don't think exclusivity deals matter, how else are they gonna be able to compete with steam anyway? Steam pretty much has a monopoly and 99% of people would buy it if it was on there.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
The only thing that bothers me about the whole debacle isn't necessarily the exclusivity - that's been happening for a long time now with Origin, Uplay, Blizzard etc - not everything is on steam and I've come to accept that's probably always gonna be the case

What bothered me personally is the 'yeah it's on steam, wait no nvm' when there was already many paying customers. Thankfully, those who bought the game on steam still get the game anyway which means it's more or less a non issue but it's still something that annoys me

If you think about it exclusivity is the only way other companies can actually compete with steam, since steam has the biggest audience and years and years of work put into it with features you've come to expect; cloud sync, game reviewing, groups, communities etc etc.

It's like the console market - the main reason to own a PS4 or an XB1 over a PC is exclusives. Same logic applies here

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
I don't think there'd be a problem if they didn't have a super long pre-order period and then a few days before scheduled release went ''SIKE NIBBA TOO BAD wait until 2020 if you want your pre-order''
Yeah that's shitty but you can't blame anyone but the publisher for that, Epic were right to take the deal and not go "Oh that's not nice for the Steam users." because why would they? The publisher decided to make the switch and ideally that would've come beforehand but they're literally the only entity to blame for it.

Bronn

Atom
Nebulae
But I’m not using the launcher to talk to people

I’m using it to play games

if you get banned from one game you get banned from every single one afaik, aka your account gets blocked

not a 100% sure about that tho

Nebulae
It's absolutely trash to instead of being a better alternative to Steam, they're forcing customers to buy the product from Epic, it's really sad to see such PR mistake made by publishers, honestly what's wrong with fucking industry? They didn't take a lesson from Bethesda or EA