Metro Exodus

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
if you get banned from one game you get banned from every single one afaik, aka your account gets blocked

not a 100% sure about that tho

Considering all I’ve used the epic launcher so far is fortunate night and metro exodus I’m sure I’ll be fine

Reactions: List

Solitaire

Neutrino
Nebulae
Man, has everyone seen the pricks on the original Redux titles on steam? They’ve been review bombed due to the change to epic games, I can’t believe the stupidity of some people.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
It's absolutely trash to instead of being a better alternative to Steam, they're forcing customers to buy the product from Epic, it's really sad to see such PR mistake made by publishers, honestly what's wrong with fucking industry? They didn't take a lesson from Bethesda or EA
There’s literally no other way to entice the users to try out your platform, the price would have to be the same on Steam and Epic as Valve require price parity so you can say with certainty that users would not switch to the Epic launcher as their library is already on Steam.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Man, has everyone seen the pricks on the original Redux titles on steam? They’ve been review bombed due to the change to epic games, I can’t believe the stupidity of some people.
People need to stop doing that shit

Like I get it when they picked a fight with Rockstar & Take-Two over mods being banned, that was justified (Which legit got the entire system tweaked)

This however isn't

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
There’s literally no other way to entice the users to try out your platform, the price would have to be the same on Steam and Epic as Valve require price parity so you can say with certainty that users would not switch to the Epic launcher as their library is already on Steam.

Pretty sure they’re getting a better deal at epic

It doesn’t make a difference what launcher you use it’s still the same game

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Also what’s wrong with the industry is that Valve have a monopoly and consumers revolt against any company that try to compete so they’re shooting tbemselves in the foot.
[doublepost=1549467939][/doublepost]
Pretty sure they’re getting a better deal at epic

It doesn’t make a difference what launcher you use it’s still the same game
They definitely are. Epic launcher might lack some features for now but it won’t for long.

Bronn

Atom
Nebulae
also i think this video has a lot of good points as to why switching to epic was a bad idea

even more in the comment section

aperson

Molecule
Nebulae
biggest issue I have with epic games store now is that its missing loads of features that Steam has eg community sections

Bronn

Atom
Nebulae
biggest issue I have with epic games store now is that its missing loads of features that Steam has eg community sections

mine is that i can't play offline

and i won't have internet starting from tonight :(

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Yeah I agree, Steam is superior at the moment right now but that's to be expected; steam has had years and years to be worked on and fine tuned

Personally don't see myself switching to Epic as my primary source of PC games, but I may get involved with it if in the distant future it shapes up to be something good. I don't see myself ever ditching steam though, I love the platform to pieces.
[doublepost=1549471014][/doublepost]
mine is that i can't play offline
Good thing that's like, the 1st thing they are working on

ChimpLover

Neutrino
B A N N E D
Nebulae
not sure why people are getting so upset over this shit considering there's been other games where you had to use other launchers in the past which were alot worse than the epic games launcher
if you want to play the game and support the devs just buy it whereever it gets released and play that shit it's not gonna kill you that you don't have it in your steam library

Panda

Quark
Nebulae
Tbh I disagree, you can compete with steam by having better features than they already have. Having exclusives is propably the biggest middle finger for the PC gaming community. Instead of offering to pull games off other platforms maybe have better customer support, better refunds, better offline support and try to be better than other platforms rather than just ripping off fans of the series.

aperson

Molecule
Nebulae
also the fact that you can't play games offline using the epic launcher without using steam for launch options is pretty dumb
[doublepost=1549472202][/doublepost]
not sure why people are getting so upset over this shit considering there's been other games where you had to use other launchers in the past which were alot worse than the epic games launcher
if you want to play the game and support the devs just buy it whereever it gets released and play that shit it's not gonna kill you that you don't have it in your steam library
siege and uplay come to mind about this
uplay is still shit but is far better than it was, and luckily isn't that obtrusive

Bronn

Atom
Nebulae

steam has better support and more features, when people got subnautica for free, it was steam's support team that aided people going through bugs, also shit like having the possibility to have your refund request denied even if it meets the criteria

people say that the company will get more money this way as the fine is lower, but the game will probably also have less purchases, other publishers have tried the same shit before and it has failed

Nebulae
If you think that shoving your launcher down the throat instead of just being a better dmr (Epic is company with funds that should allow them to make dmr that has has at least as many options as Steam has) is a way to go then it seems we have different mentalities. EpicStore doesn't have 90% of options available on Steam, starting from user reviews and good refund policies, ending on communities hubs etc. If you need to make product an exclusive on your platform by literally buying it to make someone purchase it then maybe your platform is just shitty?

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Tbh I disagree, you can compete with steam by having better features than they already have. Having exclusives is propably the biggest middle finger for the PC gaming community. Instead of offering to pull games off other platforms maybe have better customer support, better refunds, better offline support and try to be better than other platforms rather than just ripping off fans of the series.
Literally none of those things will result in customer conversion, what you’re citing is ideas with absolutely no research. Epic have the data to know that their strategy is likely the better one, nobody will give a shit about the better refunds or customer support when their library of hundreds of games is already on another platform. You cannot compete with features, the entertainment industry doesn’t work that way; You compete for content in the TV and movie industry too.
[doublepost=1549475036][/doublepost]
If you think that shoving your launcher down the throat instead of just being a better dmr (Epic is company with funds that should allow them to make dmr that has has at least as many options as Steam has) is a way to go then it seems we have different mentalities. EpicStore doesn't have 90% of options available on Steam, starting from user reviews and good refund policies, ending on communities hubs etc. If you need to make product an exclusive on your platform by literally buying it to make someone purchase it then maybe your platform is just shitty?
They’re not shoving it down your throat, wait a year and it’ll be back on Steam. Just shitty? Or maybe there is a monopoly in the market.
[doublepost=1549475115][/doublepost]What’s hilarious is how in the long run this means more competition and lower priced games but as a consumer most are just shitting on Epic because they can’t be bothered to click a different shortcut for their games :laughing:
[doublepost=1549475219][/doublepost]Steam are the reason it’s hard to have it on both platforms. Games are more expensive now because Steam’s revenue split is so high that games are priced higher to earn target profits. If they allowed a game to be cheaper on alternative platforms this wouldn’t be an issue but they don’t.

Nebulae
Literally none of those things will result in customer conversion, what you’re citing is ideas with absolutely no research. Epic have the data to know that their strategy is likely the better one, nobody will give a shit about the better refunds or customer support when their library of hundreds of games is already on another platform. You cannot compete with features, the entertainment industry doesn’t work that way; You compete for content in the TV and movie industry too.
[doublepost=1549475036][/doublepost]
They’re not shoving it down your throat, wait a year and it’ll be back on Steam. Just shitty? Or maybe there is a monopoly in the market.
Yes? Who would bother to wait a year for a singleplayer game that is already made, I'd use piratebays, like probably 70% of people who wanted to buy it