Nebulous Weapon/Combat Thread

Modernglib

fat immigrant
Nebulae
given that I fight like a boxer, it helps.
Do you mean you've been trained as a boxer? Or have you just given yourself a title?
Because i'm pretty sure boxers would know how not to break their wrists my dude

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Do you mean you've been trained as a boxer? Or have you just given yourself a title?

I think he means he focuses on punching instead of grappling etc.

Warwick

Mum Looks Like Tracy Beaker
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I boxed for three years before taking a break from it. Boxers risk breaking their wrists all the time. Why do you think they wear handwraps and gloves?

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Why do you think they wear handwraps and gloves?

I think the gloves are for not breaking your knuckles.

Breaking your wrist would come from punching at the wrong angle or just not tensing up your first enough and letting your hand completely fold in over itself when you punch someone.

Warwick

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I think the gloves are for not breaking your knuckles.
Nope. The gloves are to prolong fights and prevent immediate knockouts. Seriously, look it up.

However, my point still stands, they have wrist guards on the gloves.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Nope. The gloves are to prolong fights and prevent immediate knockouts. Seriously, look it up.

Yeah, I knew that, but you wouldn't use gloves in a proper fight without the intent of not breaking your fists.

Modernglib

fat immigrant
Nebulae
I boxed for three years before taking a break from it. Boxers risk breaking their wrists all the time. Why do you think they wear handwraps and gloves?
gloves are for providing protection to the fighter's knuckles and to have them last longer in fights, whilst handwraps do also have wrist support i'd assume you were taught to throw a proper straight punch that pushes into the opponent? If you've done three years I surely wouldn't imagine you would worry about throwing a punch the wrong way, although i understand that maybe things like hooks could be a bit more risky you shouldn't really need a thing like that to help you.

Mancom37

Atom
Nebulae
That feel when you have to use this ones too because you might break your fucking legg :
EXGYiKa.jpg

Muay Thai is fun

Warwick

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Yeah, I knew that, but you wouldn't use gloves in a proper fight without the intent of not breaking your fists.
Obviously.
gloves are for providing protection to the fighter's knuckles and to have them last longer in fights, whilst handwraps do also have wrist support i'd assume you were taught to throw a proper straight punch that pushes into the opponent? If you've done three years I surely wouldn't imagine you would worry about throwing a punch the wrong way, although i understand that maybe things like hooks could be a bit more risky you shouldn't really need a thing like that to help you.
Believe me, when your opponent is dodging, pushing your fists away or blocking, there's a far higher chance of fucking up your wrists.

Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I've only ever been in a proper fight like, three times.

One was me standing up for a midget getting bullied by our autism ridden student in school, he socked me in the jaw and later accused me of bullying him. He was expelled.

Second one was me yelling at my friend for missing a shot in football, and some random cunt called me out on it so we got in a fight. Took a hook to my ear and temporarily deafened me.

Third was attempted rape with a baseball bat. Same guy from last time walked up behind me and rammed a baseball bat up my arse in PE. I turned around and smacked him in the mouth with my bat. I was sent home for "Injuries" and he was suspended for 3 days.

Jimbo

Molecule
Nebulae
when are you even fighting do you live in compton
Yes

Compton is the one place in the entirety of the world where any form of fighting or conflict is present.

Thank you for this post.

OT : don't really have any weapons, but my dad's a corrections officer so I know basic holds etc

D

Deleted member 243

15e278a1c85426229bde6df0bf445113.jpg

mine isn't as good as this one but i'm aiming at getting this good

s-l300.jpg

this is what mine looks like, i regularly train my aim in the woods using rocks and marbles

marbles have the potential to penetrate if it's shot from the hunting slingshot
use metal balls, and you have yourself a gun

Ayrism

Electron
Nebulae
15e278a1c85426229bde6df0bf445113.jpg

mine isn't as good as this one but i'm aiming at getting this good

s-l300.jpg

this is what mine looks like, i regularly train my aim in the woods using rocks and marbles

marbles have the potential to penetrate if it's shot from the hunting slingshot
use metal balls, and you have yourself a gun
that's kinda hot

I also have a little practice bow, it's fun.

D

Deleted member 243

I love it.

To use them at their best, yeah, they do; but Kubotans also work as fist packs to support the strength of punches, and help prevent you fucking up your wrists in a fist fight, and given that I fight like a boxer, it helps.
expandable-batons-knife-india.jpg

would rather have this tbh