Serious Script Economy is not my concern

boots

spooky skellys
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Now to flip the script

Why the fuck are some rebels such script whores they're trying to raid the supplies of event characters literally designed to (and have) give them a constant supply of weapons, ammo and food like its not fast enough or something???

Its this sort of shit that caused literally nobody of import to bother much with RebelRp for three years bc you just get shit in your mouth for trying to do anything for the majority lmao

Maybe if yall didn't fail to kill five OTA and lost everything in one go idk man
To add to this, it's a really small amount of people that attempted to do this and actually consistently do this.

Reactions: List

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
The only issue I see with this is if we ban discord for IC stuff we'll get people in different discords just chatting it out anyways. It is sad but it is a fact.

Don't get me wrong I've used discord for immediate communications but regardless I would still give out IC commands and communicate normally cause not everyone is on discord + I like to RP it out as much as possible, which is the whole point of the server.

Only solutions I see to this are:

1. Forbid it anyways and punish people who don't communicate IC at all but coordinate surprisingly well. (The strongarm method)
2. Focus majorly on ranking up and rewarding players who roleplay it out and are known to roleplay it proper, as to slowly drive discorders from using it into roleplaying it. (The psyop method)

If people will use voice chats for this kind of stuff and intentionally leave out people who don't, we'll have to act in consequence.

ramen (beck)

the minge
Nebulae
Manning up for a moment and takin stuff seriously, speaking my mind on 3 topics.

IMO, and I’ve said this, I think it would be interesting if all vendors suddenly didn't work anymore.
CPs would have to make their own ammo and guns from scratch or find them around the map in caches.
Rebels would have to do the same.
It would be interesting to see what the populous will do when the guns run out.
Will they resort to melees? Sticks and stones? Only time would tell.

Another thing, to go with what's above; penalize players who stock up on scripts.
I.E. This CP (25) died 4 times, but somehow is able to get a new Pistol and come back after the NLR timer each time? How does he do this? It's because he's stocked up, and I think that's something that should be penalized.
Players should be worried about RP and the enjoyment of the server for themselves and others, but most people seem to be too scared to interact with RP on the off chance they'll lose their weapons.

I interacted with RP, and I lost my entire character, but you know what, I wasn't mad. My character (Lillith) had bad blood boil with another rebel, and it came to the breaking point. She spoke her mind, and she died. I would lose in the end, I knew I would, but I didn't care about it. It was fun playing this character, seeing her come from ups and downs, and in the end, she died. Would I have wished she died differently, sure, nobody wants to be that one guy who got murdered by another rebel. But, will I complain and say "But I don't wanna be PK'd, what about all my scripts! They'll be gone," no, I won't.

I enjoyed what I got, and it opened the door for new opportunities. Now that my Char is dead, I have the whole world to explore on a new one. I get to meet new faces, re-meet old ones, and find new chances for RP that would have never been presented to me in the past.

Sure, losing your scripts, (and your character,) is hard. But, in the end, it's always for the better. It lets your learn from previous mistakes, and it opens the way for a whole new world of chances and events.

Thanks

Chiptune

Quark
Nebulae
Manning up for a moment and takin stuff seriously, speaking my mind on 3 topics.

IMO, and I’ve said this, I think it would be interesting if all vendors suddenly didn't work anymore.
CPs would have to make their own ammo and guns from scratch or find them around the map in caches.
Rebels would have to do the same.
It would be interesting to see what the populous will do when the guns run out.
Will they resort to melees? Sticks and stones? Only time would tell.

Another thing, to go with what's above; penalize players who stock up on scripts.
I.E. This CP (25) died 4 times, but somehow is able to get a new Pistol and come back after the NLR timer each time? How does he do this? It's because he's stocked up, and I think that's something that should be penalized.
Players should be worried about RP and the enjoyment of the server for themselves and others, but most people seem to be too scared to interact with RP on the off chance they'll lose their weapons.

I interacted with RP, and I lost my entire character, but you know what, I wasn't mad. My character (Lillith) had bad blood boil with another rebel, and it came to the breaking point. She spoke her mind, and she died. I would lose in the end, I knew I would, but I didn't care about it. It was fun playing this character, seeing her come from ups and downs, and in the end, she died. Would I have wished she died differently, sure, nobody wants to be that one guy who got murdered by another rebel. But, will I complain and say "But I don't wanna be PK'd, what about all my scripts! They'll be gone," no, I won't.

I enjoyed what I got, and it opened the door for new opportunities. Now that my Char is dead, I have the whole world to explore on a new one. I get to meet new faces, re-meet old ones, and find new chances for RP that would have never been presented to me in the past.

Sure, losing your scripts, (and your character,) is hard. But, in the end, it's always for the better. It lets your learn from previous mistakes, and it opens the way for a whole new world of chances and events.

Thanks
Chad PK enjoyer moment
The first hurdle of becoming good at roleplaying is getting over losing your character and/or scripts and realizing that this just leads to new RP

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Don't get me wrong I've used discord for immediate communications but regardless I would still give out IC commands and communicate normally cause not everyone is on discord + I like to RP it out as much as possible, which is the whole point of the server.
I know this is not an uncommon thing so this isn't targeted at you specifically, but I believe this should result in a ban. It's a completely unfair advantage to communicate about in-server activities in a place where it's impossible for those around you to hear; it's metagaming.

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
All information used from Discord's or any voice chat should've been considered metagame in my opinion.
anything that isn't in-game or on forums should be metagame, more than half the players aren't even in the discord server(s)

its also painfully obvious when you are in a VC, it looks very goofy to your chad non-metagamer. ive been in situations where ive been having decent rp, then suddenly they all run off without so much as a goodbye because their friend on voice chat called out something funny or started getting shot at

the moment voice chat is allowed is when it should switch from textrp to voice rp, cant favor both at the same time in the rules

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
The only issue I see with this is if we ban discord for IC stuff we'll get people in different discords just chatting it out anyways. It is sad but it is a fact.

Only solutions I see to this are:

1. Forbid it anyways and punish people who don't communicate IC at all but coordinate surprisingly well. (The strongarm method)
2. Focus majorly on ranking up and rewarding players who roleplay it out and are known to roleplay it proper, as to slowly drive discorders from using it into roleplaying it. (The psyop method)

If people will use voice chats for this kind of stuff and intentionally leave out people who don't, we'll have to act in consequence.
literally impossible to enforce

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
All information used from Discord's or any voice chat should've been considered metagame in my opinion.

By definition it sure is, tbf. But I think the better way to somehow have some control over this is to eventually bring more people onto the "willingly roleplaying properly" side of things as I am afraid strongarming it maaay not have the results I want in this case.

The whole horse go river no drink blabla thing, you know.

I know this is not an uncommon thing so this isn't targeted at you specifically, but I believe this should result in a ban. It's a completely unfair advantage to communicate about in-server activities in a place where it's impossible for those around you to hear; it's metagaming.

Yea I know don't worry. But yeah as I said even so, the thing I fear the most is the resistance side taking advantage of CPs having it restricted for them (as it's easier to notice when CPs do it as they tend to go in one big group instead of multiple smaller groups or less organized circles like rebels do) just to use it themselves and us not being able to detected, which is the reason why I mentioned the "rewarding actual RPers" possibility.

Chad PK enjoyer moment
The first hurdle of becoming good at roleplaying is getting over losing your character and/or scripts and realizing that this just leads to new RP

Many people have asked me already regarding PKs and its auths. Especially in regards of avoiding getting PKed. My approach to this is: Play and roleplay. Just do it. If a confrontation ends up with one or two people PKed then it's bad luck and eventually it will descalate but it's just how it has to be. Ideally I'd like to follow Alex's example on the whole "only PK if you ask for it for yourself" for GTA, but I fear it'd be incredibly hard to achieve in Gmod at least in a fair way.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
anything that isn't in-game or on forums should be metagame, more than half the players aren't even in the discord server(s)
Talking about things happening in game outside of the game is fine if you don't act on it or have it influence anything about your actions.
the moment voice chat is allowed is when it should switch from textrp to voice rp, cant favor both at the same time in the rules
I agree, it's a text based server so I don't really understand why we allowed any voice communication; sweeps included.

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Chad PK enjoyer moment
this mindset kinda sucks. dont know why people arent allowed to care about their characters. theres a big difference between being sad that your character is gone and bitching around on forums over it

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
imo discords to store information, make quick announcements, organize dates and objectives, is okay.

discord VCs to sweep and such promotes not talking ingame and it leads to situations like described in the thread: People left behind, etc. Causes problems for all personally.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
By definition it sure is, tbf. But I think the better way to somehow have some control over this is to eventually bring more people onto the "willingly roleplaying properly" side of things as I am afraid strongarming it maaay not have the results I want in this case.
You cannot control it, there's no way to prevent someone using Discord but that doesn't mean it shouldn't result in a permaban.
Yea I know don't worry. But yeah as I said even so, the thing I fear the most is the resistance side taking advantage of CPs having it restricted for them (as it's easier to notice when CPs do it as they tend to go in one big group instead of multiple smaller groups or less organized circles like rebels do) just to use it themselves and us not being able to detected, which is the reason why I mentioned the "rewarding actual RPers" possibility.
It's neither side doing it more than the other.

I had this same issue with WW3 RP and their faction intel channels, you have a massive advantage by communicating outside of the server; the players that do not have access to those channels have absolutely no way of eavesdropping or discovering that information.

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
and before people start saying cops have always had VC, i present to you

linntrix's iteration, when cops did not in fact have vc, atleast a majority of them, and it was completely fine lol

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
imo discords to store information, make quick announcements, organize dates and objectives, is okay.

discord VCs to sweep and such promotes not talking ingame and it leads to situations like described in the thread: People left behind, etc. Causes problems for all personally.
It's fine to use it for general information, though that's why this forum exists but characters learning that information should be done in-game.

There's no argument for voice chat in any situation because it's a text rp server.

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae

the best way I think is to try to at least double-speak. Talk in game and in VC at the same time. I do it, and I encourage others to do it too. VC is fun to be in, but don't exclude others because they're not in your cool discord.

also hello alex!!

Chiptune

Quark
Nebulae

its also painfully obvious when you are in a VC, it looks very goofy to your chad non-metagamer. ive been in situations where ive been having decent rp, then suddenly they all run off without so much as a goodbye because their friend on voice chat called out something funny or started getting shot at

I actually lost it when I saw those two cops just turn to one another then silently start climbing on top of one another to reach a wall. Like, without VC it just looks like everyone is part of some hivemind, I love it

(but it also got me killed for the first time so I hate it)

mårten

Atom
Nebulae
I had this same issue with WW3 RP and their faction intel channels, you have a massive advantage by communicating outside of the server; the players that do not have access to those channels have absolutely no way of eavesdropping or discovering that information.
Chads store information on notepad scripts in the server in containers that can be broken into