Slavic union

Slavic union?

• Total voters

Edgelord Freeman

Electron
Nebulae
If there would be a Slavic state as one country, I'm pretty sure that Russification or something similar would happen, as many times in history. Also it would be a big mess from administrative point of view, economic, military and so on. So the EU like thing would be much better. I'd like to know that my tax is going to be spend on my country or region.
Although again, I'd more be for the Superstate, I highly agree with what you just said

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
If there would be a Slavic state as one country, I'm pretty sure that Russification or something similar would happen, as many times in history. Also it would be a big mess from administrative point of view, economic, military and so on. So the EU like thing would be much better. I'd like to know that my tax is going to be spend on my country or region.
[citation needed] outside of mentioning the USSR

we aren't "germanified" despite being on the border of germany, and germany being one of the central powers in the EU

Although again, I'd more be for the Superstate, I highly agree with what you just said
superstates are a logistical nightmare and are difficult to manage

besides, nato probably wouldn't be very fond of it happening

Edgelord Freeman

Electron
Nebulae
[citation needed] outside of mentioning the USSR

we aren't "germanified" despite being on the border of germany, and germany being one of the central powers in the EU

superstates are a logistical nightmare and are difficult to manage
Yeah, thats why i mentioned the "depends on the leader", because while its true that its easy to fuck shit up, its also true that hard work can result in something really great

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Yeah, thats why i mentioned the "depends on the leader", because while its true that its easy to fuck shit up, its also true that hard work can result in something really great

We haven't seen a single example of a "superstate" in the modern time period that actually worked out, and didn't crash and burn in the end. A group of countries being gathered under a single state, giving over all authority to the head state simply doesn't work.

It's too much to manage, regardless of who you put in the hot seat of running the government.

A superstate won't result in some grand renaissance for mankind, but rather failure in the long run

Fukuyama is someone who I'm inclined to agree with when it comes to governments

It is an evolutionary process, and we've found out through time that superstates simply don't work

shibe

Molecule
Nebulae
We haven't seen a single example of a "superstate" in the modern time period that actually worked out, and didn't crash and burn in the end.
Flag_of_the_United_States.svg

America managed to unite north america under one flag and it worked pretty well, so did the United kingdom, spain, Netherlands, Germany and China. Unless you mean multiple countries getting combined into one "super state" in the modern time, yes, this hasn't happened, but there are countless of countries that done this and it worked pretty well.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Flag_of_the_United_States.svg

America managed to unite north america under one flag and it worked pretty well, so did the United kingdom, spain, Netherlands, Germany and China. Unless you mean multiple countries getting combined into one "super state" in the modern time, yes, this hasn't happened, but there are countless of countries that done this and it worked pretty well.
I meant multiple different countries being assembled under one central state

Snook

Nebulae
If the Slavs were able to put their differences aside they would form one of the biggest and best unions in the world.

They would have:

Population: 278 million
Active Military Personnel: 1.58 million
Reserve Personnel: 3.47 million

Tanks: 26,072
Armored Fighting Vehicles: 48,766
Self-Propelled Guns: 8,660
Towed-Artillery: 7,571
Rocket Systems: 5,211

Aircraft: 5,176

Aircraft Carriers: 1
Frigates: 13
Destroyers: 15
Corvettes: 87
Submarines: 68
Patrol Craft: 47
Mine Warfare Craft: 88

Oil Produced / Day: 10 million barrels
Consumption / Day: 5 million barrels
Reserve: 81 billion barrels

Compare this to the USA:

Population: 324 million
Active Military Personnel: 1.4 million
Reserve Personnel: 1.1 million

Tanks: 8,848
Armored Fighting Vehicles: 41,000
Self-Propelled Guns: 1,934
Towed-Artillery: 1,300
Rocket Systems: 1,331

Aircraft: 13,444

Aircraft Carriers: 10
Frigates: 6
Destroyers: 62
Corvettes: 0
Submarines: 75
Patrol Craft: 13
Mine Warfare Craft: 11

Oil Produced / Day: 9 million barrels
Consumption / Day: 19 million barrels
Reserve: 37 billion barrels

As you can see from these stats, the Slavic Union would be a force to be reckoned with, being one of the best, if not the best military superpower in the world.

Dr.Towers

Nucleus
Nebulae
International politics doesn't work that way: even in case a state like this would be made, first it won't automatically solve all the problems the various nations that formed it, instead it will make them even bigger, second it will soon crumble over the social tensions and indipendentist movements that will blame the central government for all the problems that will arise afterward and third, even if it survives it will be inevitabily dominated by the most powerful nation around (Russia). Vast nations like the United States or Russia only exist because they were able to expand naturally by colonizing non-sovreign territory, all the other nations that tried to hold other states into themselves have always fallen one way or another.
Realistically, the only way to form a Slavic Union would be basically making a smaller European Union-like socio-economic alliance inside the European Union, but at this point why not joining the European Union...like you already did...so...¯\_( °-°)_/¯

Snook

Nebulae
International politics doesn't work that way: even in case a state like this would be made, first it won't automatically solve all the problems the various nations that formed it, instead it will make them even bigger, second it will soon crumble over the social tensions and indipendentist movements that will blame the central government for all the problems that will arise afterward and third, even if it survives it will be inevitabily dominated by the most powerful nation around (Russia). Vast nations like the United States or Russia only exist because they were able to expand naturally by colonizing non-sovreign territory, all the other nations that tried to hold other states into themselves have always fallen one way or another.
Realistically, the only way to form a Slavic Union would be basically making a smaller European Union-like socio-economic alliance inside the European Union, but at this point why not joining the European Union...like you already did...so...¯\_( °-°)_/¯

This ^

Russia would be the most powerful force in the Slavic Union AS they contributed most of its statistics mentioned above. Russia would most likely have a thirst for power and overrule all others, making other rules. The only way I could see this working is in decades to come when all these tensions have died down and new leaders, fairer leaders are elected.

Edgelord Freeman

Electron
Nebulae
European union lets in terrorists thats why, plus pretty much with all Putin said I agree so what would be the problem even if Russia became bigger, that way other nations and or terrorists would be scared to even open their mouth by how Russian police deals with such people
[doublepost=1511352195][/doublepost]To be honest overall I dont think anyone can understand why we would want this to happen unless he himself would be a slav, Slavs share at least 80% of traditions, our languages are very similiar, plus we all have pretty much the exact same history at the beginning

Memeception

Proton
Nebulae
European union lets in terrorists thats why, plus pretty much with all Putin said I agree so what would be the problem even if Russia became bigger, that way other nations and or terrorists would be scared to even open their mouth by how Russian police deals with such people
[doublepost=1511352195][/doublepost]To be honest overall I dont think anyone can understand why we would want this to happen unless he himself would be a slav, Slavs share at least 80% of traditions, our languages are very similiar, plus we all have pretty much the exact same history at the beginning

I'm pretty sure it would be called Russian Empire at some point anyway.

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
Ah yes, EU has TERRORISTS and therefore is it an evil crumbling place that we can never be part of.
Meanwhile Russia definetly doesn’t have terrorists and therefore all slavic countries should be dominated by Russia. All the other perks of the EU and all the flaws of being dominated by Russia in a ”slavic union” can therefore be overlooked.
Flawless logic :ok:

To be honest overall I dont think anyone can understand why we would want this to happen unless he himself would be a slav, Slavs share at least 80% of traditions, our languages are very similiar, plus we all have pretty much the exact same history at the beginning
I think we can understand it from a ”we want it” standpoint, especially us Scandinavians since it’s always been a question about a united Scandinavian through time, and we have the same cultural similarities as slavs.

And not being a slav in no way stops us from spotting and pointing out the problems of the idea of a Slavic state Union. As Towers said, the only way it would work is a socio-economic Union which would eventually face the exact same problems as the EU.

Reactions: List

Cookie_

IT'S OKAY TO BE WHITE
Nebulae
Hello, this is aimed at Slavs and not any other ethnic groups, while I'd appreciate anyone else's opinion, please if you're a non-slav try to keep it reply-only and refrain from voting in the poll. My aim is to get to know if people would actually support this if ever it could have been done. Also if you vote no I exceptionally would want to know why lmao.
slavs became a meme tho

Kinda disappointing tbh

Edgelord Freeman

Electron
Nebulae
Ah yes, EU has TERRORISTS and therefore is it an evil crumbling place that we can never be part of.
Meanwhile Russia definetly doesn’t have terrorists and therefore all slavic countries should be dominated by Russia. All the other perks of the EU and all the flaws of being dominated by Russia in a ”slavic union” can therefore be overlooked.
Flawless logic :ok:

I think we can understand it from a ”we want it” standpoint, especially us Scandinavians since it’s always been a question about a united Scandinavian through time, and we have the same cultural similarities as slavs.

And not being a slav in no way stops us from spotting and pointing out the problems of the idea of a Slavic state Union. As Towers said, the only way it would work is a socio-economic Union which would eventually face the exact same problems as the EU.
Russia supports conservatism unlike EU which is a huge factor for me, i wont even elaborate on how many opinion differences there are between EU and Russia (or me)

Edgelord Freeman

Electron
Nebulae
werent you a communist a few weeks ago????
to me conservatism is basically a sub-ideology based on traditional values, which of course differ from country to country, I got my own version of communism where I support both these ideologies

Kerim

Proton
Nebulae
just be glad for EU

there are so many factors that make a 'slavic superstate' a thing of mere fiction that it's no wonder it hasn't quite happened yet (and let's be honest ussr was a shitshow, so i won't count it as an example). western, southern and eastern slavs have parted so much over the years that we're essentially different cultures now. sure, we share some holidays, some similarities in our languages, and occasionally mindsets, but for example czech values are nowadays completely different to those of bulgarian.

the economic difference between individual countries would be a huge issue as well, where it'd take a shit ton of convincing for the more developed countries to financially aid those that are a bit lacking behind; as not even the 'prime slavs' could be considered the superpowers we'd love 'em to be.

as some people have mentioned, we have the visegrad four, we have eu; both of which have been helping out tremendously, even if you don't like to admit it. slavic superstate really seems just like a wet fantasy of a typical patriot blindly proud of their heritage in my eyes tbh.

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
I'm not going to use my brain force in a thread by the same guy who plays Communist and Conservative on different days of the week.

Slavic superstates will never work, however, I believe Canada, New Zealand, Australia, India, and South Africa should all return to British rule, so that we may share a common currency and dominate the world yet again as an economic super bloc that can compete with the United States and China as one.

asmodevs

og black duck man
Nebulae
haha lmao nothing like tzarist russian ideas of 'panslavism', so the countries wouldn't wish for independence

PhB3xJv.jpg

yeah sure russia totally wouldn't try to be big man