[SUGGESTION] Space Station 13 Server

Nebulae
he's not wrong about byond being an absolute dogshit engine

if it isn't optimized it lags like fuck especially when big shit happens to the station like narsie, tankvalve bombs, etc.
>narsie lagging the game

ttv bombs i can understand but that's been optimized to hell to make it not lag the server/game

realistically the only thing that lags the game nowadays (depending on the server) is atmos because it's the most unrefactored code like ever

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae
i can somewhat code and understand DM but anyway

did somebody say SS13 REMAKE!!!!!!

https://www.patreon.com/ss3d https://www.patreon.com/ss3d https://www.patreon.com/ss3d

nah but being serious here, this remake right here shows real promise. it's being made in unity so it's C#. so if alex decided to change his mind, he should consider SS3D also but these are just my ramblings.

also

click on the image if you want to know the problems with byond

something we need to remember
how many ss13 remake attempts have there been?

Reactions: List

Clouds

Mr. Weedmans
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
one final thing about the remake
if you're not doing it in pure-top down 2D with EXACT same graphics and UI
it's not ss13
yeah ngl the 3d ss13 looks weird

its literally just the ss13 look, nothing less

im sure combat will be different, destroying, making shit, etc.

it's just different, it wont be the same except for that small aesthetic theme that the project has going for itself

Nebulae
one final thing about the remake
if you're not doing it in pure-top down 2D with EXACT same graphics and UI
it's not ss13
i understand but i think you're a bit zealous over your 2d graphics, the creator of ss3d even said he's trying to get the core mechanics as close as possible to real thing. but come on, it's 2018, we aren't restricted on graphics that much anymore.

e: also the creator of ss3d, *beep, has a discord so you can talk to him if you want. his trello and discord is on the patreon link i posted earlier

swagile

Atom
Nebulae
literally all the good games have almost shit graphics compared to the new games coming out

see: dwarf fortress

why? because it gives developers more time to add in good CORE MECHANICS, aka GAMEPLAY, instead of making everything look good; which slows down development time

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae
i understand but i think you're a bit zealous over your 2d graphics, the creator of ss3d even said he's trying to get the core mechanics as close as possible to real thing. but come on, it's 2018, we aren't restricted on graphics that much anymore.

e: also the creator of ss3d, *beep, has a discord so you can talk to him if you want. his trello and discord is on the patreon link i posted earlier

true, but graphics make the game
i enjoy the graphics of ss13 cause it gives a fast-paced and arcade vibe to it along with the fact that's neither too restricting on creativity and it show's what it is.

it's like if we gave ss13 terraria style, it'd fuck it up
or if we gave gmod minecraft graphics, it'd be ugly

Captain Cardgage

Possibly Union Bias
Nebulae
  1. Who revived this?
  2. Why?
  3. We may want to get this locked.

1. Some dude like a page earlier, iirc he was banned for necroposting
  2. Message: "would be interesting:
  3. Never, you dare attempt to lock away the talk of a game thats now 15 years old?
The issue with ss13 is that, its a weird mold to fit into a 3d game. Being a game that was inspired right from a atmospherics simulator running from a BYONDshit engine that has a spaz when a runtime occurs. For a 2d game its alright, got some unique concept and ideas about it that most people like while others have more salt concentrations with like xenos, space wizard, fluke ops, etc. Also lets not forget the other games that tried to convert to 3d and either became sub-par or failed. I'd like to see ss13 try to become a 3d game but at the same time not as what it really needs is just a better damn engine.

All n all, its a great game if you want to play paranoia incarnate and clown assault

Dalekfodder

Proton
Nebulae
Tell us why. We would love to see Nebulous on SS-13.

It has a community and a set of developers that are at best anime-nerds. The shit I have seen and the drama I delved in was too deep.

Imagine dipping your hand in a bucket of shit and at the bottom there is SS13

You don't want SS13, you don't want to get near it trust me when i say this

Nebulae
lol just play on a server without that shit or ignore the drama.

or even just get used to it since the drama isn't gonna go away anytime soon

Dalekfodder

Proton
Nebulae
lol just play on a server without that shit or ignore the drama.

or even just get used to it since the drama isn't gonna go away anytime soon

I sure love when admin Fox McCloud (unironic) bitches about me enslaving him (with mechanics ofan antag) and tries to kill me.

I sure love a buncha cat players decide to ERP when I am dying in the middle of medbay

I sure love when admin antag revives himself when he dies

The game is just great with drama! We love drama riddled shit! It's alot of fun!

Nebulae
I sure love when admin Fox McCloud (unironic) bitches about me enslaving him (with mechanics ofan antag) and tries to kill me.

I sure love a buncha cat players decide to ERP when I am dying in the middle of medbay

I sure love when admin antag revives himself when he dies

The game is just great with drama! We love drama riddled shit! It's alot of fun!
THEN DON'T PLAY ON A BAY CODEBASE SERVER LIKE PARA OR BAY??????

Dalekfodder

Proton
Nebulae
THEN DON'T PLAY ON A BAY CODEBASE SERVER LIKE PARA OR BAY??????

That leaves you with- what? TG? "CAPTAIN IS CONDOM TRAITOR", "AI IS ROUGE"? the self destructing community?

VG? Do I need to give you an example of why you shouldn't play on it? It's quite dirty and no it's not even about morality. The server is just utter autism.

Fallout13? C'mon man lmao.

Colonial Marines? Colonial Marines is admittedly fun but it's not SS13.

swagile

Atom
Nebulae
all bay codebases are absolute hot garbage

not because of the codebase itself, but because of the type of shitters it attracts

bay codebase is literally the darkRP of codebases in the fact that it attracts infinitely more autists and furries than any other codebase or game i have ever played in

seriously i didn't even know any furries in my life till i played a bay codebase like paradise

Dalekfodder

Proton
Nebulae
all bay codebases are absolute hot garbage

not because of the codebase itself, but because of the type of shitters it attracts

bay codebase is literally the darkRP of codebases in the fact that it attracts infinitely more autists and furries than any other codebase or game i have ever played in

seriously i didn't even know any furries in my life till i played a bay codebase like paradise

The HRP mentality murdered the fun factor in SS13, they tried to enforce a different mindset through virtual rules. I always thought if they wanted good roleplay they should have made mechanics tighter, not the rules.

But no, it seems adding furry people is the top priority.

SS13 had potential 5 years ago. Now it's garbage. The BYOND engine itself has taken a turn to damnation, the developers of it is also on the path to self destruction.