The UK police thread.

Vortex

Proton
Nebulae
How much time have you been in this profession for by now? Done well as a career?

Corey

Kino™ Certified
Nebulae
you made this thread cause i asked if you would arrest me for smoking some boof

I bet you did

Gary

Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae
you made this thread cause i asked if you would arrest me for smoking some boof

I bet you did

since when were you from uk

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae
have you gotten your free drinks and half off food from Starbucks/Welcome Break yet

Chopchop

Nucleus
Nebulae
There was very little in terms of educational requirement to join the police when I did, I did the simple, school, college work routine. Sadly, in the upcoming years you will require a university education (level 4 or above) within the UK to even be considered for a role within the police.
Why do you say sadly when the educational requirements of the police force will increase?

Slöth

TBL
Nebulae
Why do you say sadly when the educational requirements of the police force will increase?

You don't need a university degree to show you're competent, someone with a good mindset and life experience is key, not someone who knows that the mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell.

It's a stupid requirement, you learn through experience, training and getting your ass out there.

Bronn

Atom
Nebulae
You don't need a university degree to show you're competent, someone with a good mindset and life experience is key, not someone who knows that the mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell.

It's a stupid requirement, you learn through experience, training and getting your ass out there.

imagine being in top fitness shape, know everything police related but get denied cause you're bad at maths

Slöth

TBL
Nebulae
imagine being in top fitness shape, know everything police related but get denied cause you're bad at maths

The test you take to get in is literally GCSE C level maths.
[doublepost=1579814950][/doublepost]
I'm not sure you understand how university degrees work...

There is still an entry test.
[doublepost=1579815062][/doublepost]
Do you get any sort of free lunch/meals back at the station or nah
have you gotten your free drinks and half off food from Starbucks/Welcome Break yet

Happens very often, although I do like free stuff. We always pay it back one way or another.

We once had a petrol station manager who always gave us free drinks. No matter the cost, we eventually felt bad and went inside, dropped £50 into his hands and literally ran away. He started to chase us!

Reactions: List

Chopchop

Nucleus
Nebulae
There is still an entry test.
Is the entry test new or was that always in place regardless of this new change to require uni degrees?

Also you could do a degree in policing such as those offered at Northumbria uni

Slöth

TBL
Nebulae
i wish to report a crime

@rob still hasn't given me a birthday cake

Life sentence.
Is the entry test new or was that always in place regardless of this new change to require uni degrees?

Also you could do a degree in policing such as those offered at Northumbria uni

It can be any type of degree that is equivalent to a level 4. And yes, there always was tests.

Bronn

Atom
Nebulae
I'm not sure you understand how university degrees work...

37iiwc.jpg

most sites say you need maths to a certain degree

edit: also it was a joke boomer

Bronn

Atom
Nebulae
You need maths at a GCSE C level, or whatever the number is now since they've changed everything.

That's mandatory now in education anyway.

ye and i find it dumb cause failing maths is enough to screw you over for a lifetime, some people at least

legit the job im striving for has nothing to do with maths, but im still required to take the exam or say goodbye to my future goals

Corey

Kino™ Certified
Nebulae
We live in a society

Employers judge you by a letter on a peice of paper that shows how good you are at algebra and trigonometry

Reactions: List