The UK police thread.

Deleted member 5501

The Civil Authority Grindset
B A N N E D
Nebulae
When Stop and Search talks begin, PCSO's start to join in.

Hide your rocks boys. It's the blue shirts.

Invaluable is your PCSO. The Government doesn't actually have a set "prerogative" for PCSO's they just kinda. Exist. They deal with your smaller stuff and what have you.
[doublepost=1581458677][/doublepost]
I love PCSO's. They do all the things I don't to do.

And the things you wish you could do, because dealing with dementia dorris is better than attending a long-winded neighbourhood dispute over wheelie bins for the tenth time this week.

Nebulae
I love PCSO's. They do all the things I don't to do.
Invaluable is your PCSO. The Government doesn't actually have a set "prerogative" for PCSO's they just kinda. Exist. They deal with your smaller stuff and what have you.
[doublepost=1581458677][/doublepost]

And the things you wish you could do, because dealing with dementia dorris is better than attending a long-winded neighbourhood dispute over wheelie bins for the tenth time this week.

The only time I've ever run into a PCSO in Aldershot was when I was walking to school, and some PCSO approached me with his hands tucked into the side of his rigging - asking me about the swans in the area.
I asked why exactly he was asking about the swans, and he said it was because it was reported in the area that kids were throwing rocks at the swans.
I've said I heard about it, and he said they had a description. I asked for the description and they said it was "Classified Information."

I couldn't handle the ridiculousness of it all and just said I couldn't help them and went.

Deleted member 5501

B A N N E D
Nebulae
The only time I've ever run into a PCSO in Aldershot was when I was walking to school, and some PCSO approached me with his hands tucked into the side of his rigging - asking me about the swans in the area.
I asked why exactly he was asking about the swans, and he said it was because it was reported in the area that kids were throwing rocks at the swans.
I've said I heard about it, and he said they had a description. I asked for the description and they said it was "Classified Information."

I couldn't handle the ridiculousness of it all and just said I couldn't help them and went.

'Classified Information' - Sounds like some PCSO was up his own arse that day. If he expects the public to assist him, he's gotta' be more specific and play ball

Nebulae
'Classified Information' - Sounds like some PCSO was up his own arse that day. If he expects the public to assist him, he's gotta' be more specific and play ball
They are famously bad in Surrey & Hampshire. They used to get into shouting matches with Cadets during Remembrance Day Parades because they'd keep baiting each other.

You don't really see them anymore ever since those two policemen got hospitalized in the middle of the highstreet.

D

Deleted member 3818

unironically know no one who has been offerred a reciept after being searched

police searches are the biggest scam to date
I got emailed one once but they still use whatever shitty excuse they can find to justify it
[doublepost=1581460867][/doublepost]
If you spend a day with a cop, you'll notice that stop-searches occur quite often.

almost too often some might say

Reactions: List

Deleted member 5501

B A N N E D
Nebulae
I got emailed one once but they still use whatever shitty excuse they can find to justify it
[doublepost=1581460867][/doublepost]

almost too often some might say

Depends if there's a S.60 in place, those are normally slapped down during times of unrest/increased criminal activity. Allowing cops to search people in an area where a S.60 Applies.

uncle kev

jerry
Nebulae
Depends if there's a S.60 in place, those are normally slapped down during times of unrest/increased criminal activity. Allowing cops to search people in an area where a S.60 Applies.

there was S.60 during a big republican parade in Glasgow, was good fun getting stuck in about people

Reactions: List

florek

Electron
Nebulae
@Sloth

What's your opinion regarding firearm regulations in Britain compared to other countries? Do you support the system that your regular street cop can't carry a gun without getting seperately trained for it or would you want it done how it's in most countries (Germany, Netherlands, Austria, Denmark etc.)

D

Deleted member 3818

Yeah the bosses get to look like they’re doing something about it while the rest have an excuse to harass people..

Slöth

TBL
Nebulae
@Sloth

What's your opinion regarding firearm regulations in Britain compared to other countries? Do you support the system that your regular street cop can't carry a gun without getting seperately trained for it or would you want it done how it's in most countries (Germany, Netherlands, Austria, Denmark etc.)

Fact is, British Policing was built on the ideology of a man on every street corner that someone can go to for help, they were to never carry a weapon (other than a truncheon). I don't believe every officer should carry a gun within the UK, although I do believe that we should invest more money into counter terrorism measures and providing more armed units.

Bruzzo

8th generation bastard
Nebulae
Why do cops get shitty when you make eye contact with them? Recently got detained at an airport when I looked five cops in the eye, and one of them promptly took me to a room with a couple of dudes(criminal apparel) littered inside. The cops went through my shit, ID, and generally asked me annoying questions. Why?

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Why do cops get shitty when you make eye contact with them? Recently got detained at an airport when I looked five cops in the eye, and one of them promptly took me to a room with a couple of dudes(criminal apparel) littered inside. The cops went through my shit, ID, and generally asked me annoying questions. Why?

What was their proportionate and legal reasoning they gave you for the stop and search?