The UK police thread.

maxi

maxiboy
Nebulae
I speak from experience having been one. I now bake edibles and sell them because it makes more money than having to deal with other peoples bullshit.
Or maybe the job wasnt for you if you so easily switch to drug dealing, the total antithesis of the role

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Or maybe the job wasnt for you if you so easily switch to drug dealing, the total antithesis of the role

You seem to be easily irritated by what I said earlier and drug dealing? Im a Baker. considering you know nothing regarding the role in itself and what a colossal shitshow it is.

I recommend you join up and experience frontline policing for yourself and realize that the role versus pay you receive is an abhorrent joke in itself and that you'd be better off doing literally anything else as a career.

I initially joined to help others but quickly realized that 90% (Not accurate, just an exaggeration mind you to emphasise my point) is dealing with the same shit day-in and day out. @Slöth although he's left this community now told me his experience of his role as an NBO, which is what I did alongside Response. It caused him PTSD and ultimately he realized he could work the doors for less stress and more benefits and pay.

Our "Government" cares not for us if an Aldi Manager gets paid stacks more in salary than an Emergency Service Hero, why bother?. That's all I'll say. We're entitled to our opinions at the end of the day and I respect yours. But no need to make it personal maxi because I disagreed with you based on my real life experience as a Police Officer.

Reactions: List

maxi

maxiboy
Nebulae
But no need to make it personal max
I didnt intend to, apologies if it came across that way

I don’t at all claim to have insider knowledge of policing, and I do agree that the pay isn’t equal to the job.

I won’t say much, but I think there’s a real doom and gloom stigma around policing which is often perpetuated to the collective detriment. I do intend to go into a frontline role, however, something I’m excited to do.

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae

I don’t at all claim to have insider knowledge of policing, and I do agree that the pay isn’t equal to the job.

I won’t say much, but I think there’s a real doom and gloom stigma around policing which is often perpetuated to the collective detriment. I do intend to go into a frontline role, however, something I’m excited to do.

It's arright

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

Policing is a shit job with terrible hours and a ghastly wage

You do it because you enjoy it, otherwise you quickly move on to greener pastures

Billy_1

String
Nebulae

uj1vQnt.jpg

Welcome to my lair.

This is where I answer questions people have about UK police and law

I am training to become an instructor/tutor

ask me anything as it's good practice

stop adding me on steam and asking them

Gave up with being civil protection so he became met police

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
Why do cops get shitty when you make eye contact with them? Recently got detained at an airport when I looked five cops in the eye, and one of them promptly took me to a room with a couple of dudes(criminal apparel) littered inside. The cops went through my shit, ID, and generally asked me annoying questions. Why?

Not all of them, but some waggle their authority and feel entitled to it so much that looking at them in the eye makes you target of their boredom. I usually just smile and nod in a friendly way because it helps you keep them off your back.

You probably were unlucky enough to stumble upon a bored guy with an inflated ego, that's it.

You'll find these kind of people outside of the police too, but there they have the authority to do it, unlike the average Joe.

Raiden

cool cat
Premium Member
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
HOT TAKE: ELECTED SHERIFFS ARE THE BEST FORM OF LAW ENFORCEMENT BECAUSE IT HOLDS THE SHERIFF ACCOUNTABLE TO THE PUBLIC.
because all elected officials are super duper accountable to the public guys, i see no flaw in this

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
hasn't worked in america yet
It has. When state legislatures pass unconstitutional laws and 87% of counties Sheriffs say, fuck off fascists, I'm not enforcing that unconstitutional law, it is working as intended.

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
It has. When state legislatures pass unconstitutional laws and 87% of counties Sheriffs say, fuck off fascists, I'm not enforcing that unconstitutional law, it is working as intended.
yeah but then you can just make an amendment and do it again

Raiden

cool cat
Premium Member
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
So much wrong with this comment.

1. Enforcers shouldnt be deteriming what laws are unconstitutional, judiciary's should

2. “It’s unconstitutional” is a buzz phrase for “I don’t like it” in right wing media and so all this means if that sherrifs will, as you argue,
Only enforce laws they like

3. Police enforce laws not make them, thats their literal job. State legislature who are elected are elected to make a law, hence why they are called lawmakers

4. Politicising the police - bad idea.