Completed unpopular suggestion: disable 3rd person

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
My problems lie almost entirely in crosshairs.

As of now, we're not at a point of overproliferation of them - but I think the idea and push towards using them has been a mistake. I'm not saying this as someone who's only just started having this idea, or have a problem with it this iteration - I've been against them for a pretty long time.
Originally, in clockwork, I remember hearsay about them being banned multiple times, and against the rules. There were a few times back then I'd see clips from OTA that had them on, and it always irked me.

In the current iteration, I disagree with the usage of a crosshair AND third-person. I think it's exactly the one-two punch needed to push back against everything that was intended to push YOU back - the viewmodel, dealing with recoil, dealing with the viewmodel recoil, and aiming down your sights. Instead of having to align your gun's misaligned viewmodel sights with your enemy before pulling the trigger, you level the cross, and you're set. All of the guesswork, the toss-up, the what-if, the ambiguity of whether or not you're dead-aim on your target is gone.

And yes, there are misaligned viewmodel sights. It took me seeing Nexus shoot Dallas' city administrator to see that yes, the sights on the USP-T are actually slightly off from the center of your screen. Some guns genuinely have this problem. Some guns will continue having this problem. It's times like this I actually think a crosshair is acceptable - you're making up for what the author couldn't do. Sure, you can argue you can just learn the difference between where the center is and the sights, but that's a discussion that's monkey-tier.

I just don't like mixing crosshairs with third-person. I think it removes the immersion you're supposed to be feeling - not that you're in some alien world fighting zombies and humans and whatnot, but the fear, the tension, the guessing game of whether or not you're on-target, the joy of landing a good shot, and the sadness of missing someone near point-blank.

It's now I admit that there's nothing you can do about crosshairs. It's not something you can remove, nor you can discourage/ban - it's too much. The only thing easily targettable is third-person in its entirety - disabling it globally for everyone apart from staff/zombies/antlions/specialty whitelists. I'm still for there being anything for it - whether it's disabled during major player-versus-player events, whether it's given some sort of cooldown, or whether it's completely removed when you raise your gun.

inb4 vort beam crosshair

Reactions: List
Nebulae
Code a forced first-person mode upon equipping a firearm into your hands, it's that simple. Allows those who wish to keep third-person during downtime (like myself) to continue playing comfortably and ceases near e-sports levels of sweating we're seeing on engagements where neither side moves because they can see each other peaking corners.

Gary

Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae
Will be introducing a new config to force first person when a weapon is held

Hunk

Extraction Point
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Will be introducing a new config to force first person when a weapon is held
ok but maybe let us stay in third person when weapon is being held but not raised? i dont wanna be forced into 1st person just cus im standing idle holding my gun doing passive pls

Flop

Secret dingus man
Nebulae
ok but maybe let us stay in third person when weapon is being held but not raised? i dont wanna be forced into 1st person just cus im standing idle holding my gun doing passive pls
This pls, I like at the most, looking at my character

Nebulae
why don't we just
make it so it works only in the main hubs (nexus/main rebel area) for those who wish to see their playermodel
pvp is basically receiving an overhaul now that it becomes First Person,
you can still holster your gun to use your sixth eye to peek walls, but in combat now you're gonna have to Tarkov it.

if we pvp we pvp
i wish not to see my model when im in murder mode, whats the point my good man

Gary

Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae
Switching to forced person on raised only today to give that a trial, change is completely experimental currently so just trying different things

Nebulae
FPS Tarkov gamers suddenly switching up gears in pvp to compensate for former wall hugging 3rd person crosshair comrades

Hunk

Extraction Point
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
This is a roleplay server. S2k perfection isnt priority imo

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
This is a roleplay server. S2k perfection isnt priority imo
This is true. Immersion is paramount, therefore I suggest Third Person is removed since you can only see through your eyes.

Trollface_non-free.png

Status
Not open for further replies.