• Other

• Transfer current stuff to UE4

Results are only viewable after voting.

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I'd enjoy having an ss13 server with tg as a codebase :grinning:

i've like kinda heard of ss13 in passing but i never rly looked into it or played it obv. wat is it? can u describe? what would we do?? that sort of stuff.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
As others have pointed out, GTA RP would be rough to get into with already established communities
This is really odd to me, everything has established communities already including GMod military rp.

Minecraft has absolutely massive communities by comparison to any of them, doesn’t make much sense why there’s this massive fear; By this logic we shouldn’t bother doing anything.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
This is really odd to me, everything has established communities already including GMod military rp.

Minecraft has absolutely massive communities by comparison to any of them, doesn’t make much sense why there’s this massive fear; By this logic we shouldn’t bother doing anything.
Unless you're willing to go for whitelisted communities then nebulous can't offer anything that other communities aren't doing in GTA RP lest you decide that you're willing to commit a metric fuckton of dev work

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae
Honestly SS13/Space Station 13 wouldn't be a bad shout, we wouldn't have to worry about the giants, as in SS13, neb is already kind of a giant. We have a lot of players here who play SS13, and a portion of players there know about Nebulous. It's not as inclusive as GTARP or ARMARP either as you don't have to fork out £30 for a game, and in the case of ARMA at least another £20 for DLC to use weapons and cars. It's also a lot lighter in requirements, a lot of people here don't have a professional gaming PC, or anything about a laptop or some crappy polish potato toaster for their computer, so that in of itself would create a divide in between our already established community, where only a few can afford to splash £30+ for the new servers their computer probably can't even run.

I don't know much of the coding side either, but I think SS13 is a lot easier and gives a lot more creative freedom, you can distinct yourself from already existing servers with what you have in your game, and often when something is added to one server it's shortly added to another. It gives admins so much more freedom to, instead of keeping it the same old monotone, admins have so much more freedom with events.

Also Alex can do donations.

Please give us SS13

@alex with the giants ordeal, you used MilitaryRP. WW3RP was a lot different from MilitaryRP, and there's still nothing like WW3RP out there right now. All current MilitaryRP servers are DarkRP clones just in a desert with some average talibans to fight. The seriousRP MilitaryRP servers that came before that, whilst it was actually RP, there was no consistent, constant, and fun S2K, something that dragged a lot of people to the WW3RP, and I'm sure a lot of the players of this community today are remnants of that time. WW3RP had a similar theme, yeah, but it was fundamentally different, and it did help out the servers with HL2RP's activity.

Reactions: List

aperson

Molecule
Nebulae
whitelisted minecraft server
modded or vanilla with seasons (eg reset the server every year)

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
i'd hope it just becomes a hub for different smaller servers, what i enjoy most about my pals on neb is just getting together to play other games with the community, so if we had a rust server and a minecraft server and that, it'd be cool

D

Deleted member 243

I'm dead serious. Complete anarchy minecraft server and coerce the newcomers to try hl2rp
[doublepost=1567864199][/doublepost]Just imagine it. No rules, complete wasteland. Some people create civilizations. Mine, craft and hold down territory. Trade with eachother, take over eachother. Just imagine the possibilities

aperson

Molecule
Nebulae
I'm dead serious. Complete anarchy minecraft server and coerce the newcomers to try hl2rp
[doublepost=1567864199][/doublepost]Just imagine it. No rules, complete wasteland. Some people create civilizations. Mine, craft and hold down territory. Trade with eachother, take over eachother. Just imagine the possibilities
complete anarchy with hacks or vanilla anarchy

D

Deleted member 243

should there be a world border or not
world border would stop people basing miles away and promote fighting
Definently not. Considering it's anarchy, people will always base further away. It might also inconvenience people that prefer a passive playstyle

aperson

Molecule
Nebulae
Definently not. Considering it's anarchy, people will always base further away. It might also inconvenience people that prefer a passive playstyle
world border would be big like 2b2t, which still allows for passive playstyle (once you get out of spawn area)

D

Deleted member 243

world border would be big like 2b2t, which still allows for passive playstyle (once you get out of spawn area)
But muh farlands

But yeah, spawn will become a shithole on it's own. Considering Minecraft's sudden popularity, the headstaff should consider this option and funnel newcomers into the gmod sphere

In terms of monetary gain... don't sell staff but make people pay for shit like cosmetics I guess

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
nothing is sacred, no world limits unless you want me to re-enact the ww1 underground mine tunnel diggings and destroy every civilization with copious amounts of tnt