Proton
Nebulae
discord doesnt seem like it would handle a large scale playerbase like neb

all the different channels and all you feel

Reactions: List

Trissy

Privacy Connoisseur
Nebulae
Biggest issue we have with Discord right now is organisation of channels, we have a lot of channels for each server, staff channels and various other random channels; It doesn't cope well with that layout visually and it's annoying to us, the current lack of a Server Log for kicks, bans and other actions is an issue too.
Yes, I see how that is an issue.

But did you consider Wumpus?

In all seriousness, you could have two Discord servers for the two RP servers, although I see how that becomes tedious. I don't see how the staff channels and various other random channels are a problem, though. Users can mute channels they don't want to take part in, and servers they don't have access to don't even show up.

But yes, I can very much understand how a server log is a must have.

Erkor

Narrative/Lore Management
Nebulae
discord doesnt seem like it would handle a large scale playerbase like neb

all the different channels and all you feel
lol

theres servers with 30 thousand people in it right now what are you saying

Snivy

Quark
Nebulae
lol

theres servers with 30 thousand people in it right now what are you saying
This is exactly what I'm saying, people who say "Oh its not good for large communities" are kinda dumb tbh, Theirs no real reason it can't

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
This is exactly what I'm saying, people who say "Oh its not good for large communities" are kinda dumb tbh, Theirs no real reason it can't

It is good for large communities, for us though there are a few things holding us back from using it currently.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Gonna necropost a bit here, TeamSpeak license runs out on May 24th so we'll likely be switching back to Discord around that time; now is probably a good time to let us know any problems you have.

Litmeuplol

String
Nebulae
Looking through the thread, Discord has updated for some of the things people have been complaining about recently (fucking moderation logs) so I'm not sure what problems people could be having asides from channel organisation.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Looking through the thread, Discord has updated for some of the things people have been complaining about recently (fucking moderation logs) so I'm not sure what problems people could be having asides from channel organisation.

Yeah the Audit Log was probably the most important for us since we can't have staff kicking or banning without our knowledge.

I read that it's blocked in some parts of the world but unfortunately so is TeamSpeak; if you have access to a VPN like PrivateInternetAccess that will likely bypass it (with increased privacy).

Megafreak

shit medic
Nebulae
Gonna necropost a bit here, TeamSpeak license runs out on May 24th so we'll likely be switching back to Discord around that time; now is probably a good time to let us know any problems you have.
it sets one of its three processes to high automatically when you start it which is a pain

other than that it's just adjusting to it

imo it seems really loud compared to teamspeak but at least tts is neat for when you can't talk/are eating

Trissy

Privacy Connoisseur
Nebulae
Any idea where we'll be able to find the Discord server once it's up?

And maybe setting the server up a bit early for a smooth-ish transition would be preferable?

Litmeuplol

String
Nebulae
it sets one of its three processes to high automatically when you start it which is a pain

other than that it's just adjusting to it

imo it seems really loud compared to teamspeak but at least tts is neat for when you can't talk/are eating
turn down the volume?

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae

z5PjczU.png

Try changing the output volume?

gExile

roleplayers paradise
Nebulae
Remember to disable /tts because I feel as if it's gonna be a big shitpost otherwise

carabiniere

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
You don't need to buy a licence really...