CRUSADER KINGS 3 HYPE

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Dev Diary time!

Dev Diary: Seduction, Torture, and the Intrigue perk trees

I really like what I'm seeing so far, especially in the Schemer tree.

Oh, and they also showcase the best perk in the game

subtle%20desire%20tt.PNG

Reactions: List

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
New Dev Diary!

This fine week we have the Martial Lifestyle

This is the last one focusing on lifestyles, which I admit was a bit of a chore, but now that they're all out I can say they're amazing and I can't wait to delve into them

Next week is UI and interface

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Hello gamers

Dev Diary: Tutorials and tooltips and encyclopedias

Something I’d like to mention about all the new features I’ve talked about here is that they are entirely moddable. Mods are free to create new game concepts which will hook in to the tooltips in tooltips and Encyclopedia automatically, make new lessons in the tutorial to cover their new systems, add more reactive advice or alerts, make new suggestions and situation descriptions, and hook in more notifications or toasts in the script.

One of the aims of CK3 is to be even more moddable than CK2, which is already a very moddable game, and one of those things we’ve looked at improving a lot is the interface modding. In CK2 at best you could change some textures and move things a few pixels but you could rarely add new things, in CK3 we’ve made a lot of things more easily scripted so you can by and large create any new things just as we can.

Holy shit fully moddable UI oh my god I'm gonna COOOOOOOOM

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Imagine posting Dev Diaries in current year ahaha

#17: Governments, Vassal Management, Laws, and Raiding

The new raiding mechanics look cool, and also make it easier to kick the ass of raiders who actually raid you

I like the new realm management screen, and I like how there's feudal contracts between individual vassals rather than a uniform set of laws. I'd like to see a little more depth that just a few single levels though

#18: Men-At-Arms, Mercenaries, and Casus Belli

More knowledge on how Men-At-Arms are going to work. They're neat I suppose.

I like the way mercs work now, makes it way easier to save up money and now having to worry about not being able pay them partway through the war should you dip in income

#19: Factions and Civil Wars

Finally, civil wars no longer just create a separate realm.

Also, I find it really cool how provinces have an opinion modifier towards their ruler and how they can form factions instead of provinces having revolt risks individually

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Dev Diary #20: Religion and Faith
fuck you sots

The big momma i think everyone has been waiting for.

They've teased this for so long, let's see what the hype is abou-

Individual characters and counties will never believe in a whole Religion — they believe in a Faith instead, with each Religion having several Faiths under it. For example, Catholicism and Orthodoxy are Faiths under Christianity, while Theravada and Mahayana are Faiths under Buddhism.

7TOHKuE.png

Tenets are mechanical representations of the most important rites, rituals, and traditions of a Faith. Every Faith has exactly 3, picked from a total of around 50 different Tenets in the whole game. Tenets are the things which make a Faith special and unique, the things that set it apart from the other Faiths even within the same Religion (and especially outside of it).

M7CZt9I.png

Every Faith has at least 18 Doctrines, with a few extras depending on the circumstances. While every Religion has a default stance for each Doctrine, these should be considered guidelines more than actual rules; individual Faiths can and do break away from standard dogma when appropriate.

cGdbUMw.png

I’m going to go on a quick tangent here and talk about modding Faiths and Religions in Crusader Kings III. Primarily, I want to mention that everything I have talked about so far is completely modular! This means Religion Groups, Religions, Faiths, Doctrines, Tenets, and Holy Sites can all be swapped in and out, modified, changed, or new ones added with even just a basic knowledge of scripting.

zh4qqKc.png

At current count, we have 99 different Faiths in Crusader Kings III, all of which are fully playable. That more than doubles the number of playable religions we had in CK2 after Jade Dragon released.

A0ivj6S.png

Well, join us next week for the Dev Diary on Custom Faith Creation and Pagan Reformation!

IQGy8dD.png

I'M

GONNA

COOOOOOOOOM

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
When you miss 3 weeks of Dev Diaries cause you're dogshit stupid

Dev Diary #22: A Medieval Tapestry

Miscellaneous information about various in-game systems: More about religion, ethnicity and culture, sexuality, and all the game rules that are associated with these. I'm very glad they're making gamerules for just about everything, so you can get the truly tailor made experience™️

Dev Diary #23: Holy orders

I like the changes here as well; Making them their own thing instead of mercenaries that simply cost piety, and being able to finally found your own.

Dev Diary #24: Heresies and Doctrines

Holy shit the more I read about religion in this game the more rock hard I get.

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
for anyone interested in the second game

its free now