News GTA RP - it's finally here

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
The absolute kings at my workplace have gifted me an 1650 they had spare, I gotta go back and test it but if it works I've probably saved myself a lot of money​

OPQ8K41.png

Last edited:
Reactions: List

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae
Can you apply to be part of the Los Santos County Sheriff rather than the LSPD?

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
I think @alex mentioned earlier somewhere about wanting the County Sherrif to be created organically in game? Correct me if I'm mistaken but I believe that's what he said

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
The LSPD will be the sole department at launch however, as the PD grows there will definitely be opportunities for new departments to be proposed and created. We didn't want to just pre-emptively create them with the assumption people would want them, we'd prefer they're created organically.

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I think @alex mentioned earlier somewhere about wanting the County Sherrif to be created organically in game? Correct me if I'm mistaken but I believe that's what he said
The county being a lawless-ish land for the beginning till the order is established with a sheriff would be a cool ass experience if true

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
The county being a lawless-ish land for the beginning till the order is established with a sheriff would be a cool ass experience if true
It definitely isn't lawless, it's simply that there's 1 department for Los Santos currently as there's less than 20 cops.

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
It definitely isn't lawless, it's simply that there's 1 department for Los Santos currently as there's less than 20 cops.
I'm sure it will be established later but I assume then LSPD will be able to respond to crimes in the county, but they aren't actively patrolling it then?

Chezburger

american idiot
Nebulae
it'll be cool also seeing stuff like NOOSE pop up as violent crime bordering terrorism begins to take hold

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
it'll be cool also seeing stuff like NOOSE pop up as violent crime bordering terrorism begins to take hold
As crimes get more serious, consequences will too.

It'll be fun to see if investigations begin.

Straven

Proton
Nebulae
I'm sure it will be established later but I assume then LSPD will be able to respond to crimes in the county, but they aren't actively patrolling it then?
Of course, they can patrol it if they want
This is probably for the best so that the county doesn't just become a place where every criminal goes to basically get away with everything, though I'd still imagine the county would be a lot more crime-ridden just due to the sheer size of it and the LSPD not being able to patrol both there and the city effectively, so the creation of the county sheriffs would still be useful

Chezburger

american idiot
Nebulae
As crimes get more serious, consequences will too.

It'll be fun to see if investigations begin.
I'm not sure what mechanics might be in place for investigations atm but it'll be neat taking fingerprints and setting up a crime scene and taking field notes. I took an entire class based on crime scene investigation and having a chance to sort of use it in practice will be neat

Thankfully I still have the kindle book for the whole thing so I could show other people inclined to go down a detective career path

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae
I love playing GTAV with highly modded LSPDRF and spent many hours in OpenIV adding custom police cars and improving the departments.

I ended up with the NOOSE, Fort Zankudo Military Police, LSPD, LSAP (airport police), the Coast Guard, LSCS (County Sherif), San Andreas state Mashals, San Andreas highway patrol, Blaine County Sheriffs Office and the park rangers all as separate departments with unique cars and uniforms

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
With the amount of ride-alongs I plan on doing as a reporter (if allowed) I might end up getting a feel for cop and maybe throw a hat in that ring too, but first I need to see how many plates I can balance as is

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
With the amount of ride-alongs I plan on doing as a reporter (if allowed) I might end up getting a feel for cop and maybe throw a hat in that ring too, but first I need to see how many plates I can balance as is

How's the new 1260 or 1520, i forget which... the new 1984 ... eh

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
How's the new 1260 or 1520, i forget which...
I just got home and turned my computer on. As I type this, the 1650 hasn't exploded (yet) and I've yet to go test it on GTA, but that reminds me.

@alex what would be the best way to benchmark myself for the server? Would vanilla GTA/GTA Online be good for comparing or do I have to go throw myself into some random FiveM server?