Serious Script Economy is not my concern

mårten

Atom
Nebulae
yeah, but now we should not be doing that

this is not ww3rp, and people who play it like ww3rp should be discouraged from doing so

Like pepic said before

This is a RP server with S2K, not the other way around
Well yeah, I would hope people wouldn't try to coerce eachother into getting on discord because I think it's detrimental to RP overall

But it seems it's already been happening judging by this thread

Reactions: List

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
i kept getting told off on my cop for having a stunstick out

when i asked why ic'ly they were like "uhhh its bad"
tell them to kill themselves because their existence is a security risk to the union

absolute peabrains

boots

spooky skellys
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Yup, but apparently equipping grenades only when you use them is fine. That's something I fail to understand. That's essentially the same but in reverse, isn't it? In both scenarios, you are abusing the system to make it so that you never drop the actual item if you die. To me, equipping a grenade right before using it and unequipping a weapon right before dying are pretty much the same, both are OOC ways to cheese the system and make sure that the script cannot be dropped.

Since that cheese isn't against the rules I don't actually mind of people do it. I'm simply confused about the difference that makes one legal and the other illegal, as well as why the legal one is considered the optimal thing to do when it's basically still script abuse

easy solution. first grenade has to be equipped to be used, any subsequent grenades can be equipped only if you initially had a grenade equipped.

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae

when i asked why ic'ly they were like "uhhh its bad", obviously the real reason is to stop rebels getting a stunstick (the deadliest weapon on the server)

fuck you im keeping my stunstick out
whack them with the stunstick in question

Cindy

*sigh* ud know this if u read the silmarillion...
Nebulae

when i asked why ic'ly they were like "uhhh its bad", obviously the real reason is to stop rebels getting a stunstick (the deadliest weapon on the server)

fuck you im keeping my stunstick out

absolutely abominable behavior

i hope these people don't hold positions of authority in the faction

Cindy

*sigh* ud know this if u read the silmarillion...
Nebulae
also while I'm glad this hasn't turned into some witch hunt where we @ and point fingers at people, I do think the unnamed people in mention ought to be sent a link to this thread if there are any further instances like @maxi's or @Chiptune's, so that they can maybe read it over and get an idea of just how genuinely out of touch they are with the kind of server they're playing on.

that might just be optimistic thinking though. I don't like dogpiling but I don't like oblivious (or worse: malicious) scriptplayers ruining the server, either

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
but I don't like oblivious (or worse: malicious) scriptplayers ruining the server, either

I don't really think its either per-say, I just think its a result of some cops not letting go of a mentality that was more-or-less bred into them since at least 2015.

People may not like to admit this but it used to be that rebels and cops did everything in their power to piss the other off in sweeps or via shotcops and anytime one "lost" the other would rub it in their faces, usually on the forums. They were absolutely as bad as eachother for it - so the idea of cops 'losing' gear that would invariably be used to mock the faction was seen as an absolute no-go.

You unequipped everything you didn't need so if you died they got the bare minimum. Both sides did it if they could.

Fortunately that mentality slowly faded into one where the concern was more genuinely on the economy, which is meaningless these days anyway.

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
I don't really think its either per-say, I just think its a result of some cops not letting go of a mentality that was more-or-less bred into them since at least 2015.

People may not like to admit this but it used to be that rebels and cops did everything in their power to piss the other off in sweeps or via shotcops and anytime one "lost" the other would rub it in their faces, usually on the forums. They were absolutely as bad as eachother for it - so the idea of cops 'losing' gear that would invariably be used to mock the faction was seen as an absolute no-go.

You unequipped everything you didn't need so if you died they got the bare minimum. Both sides did it if they could.

Fortunately that mentality slowly faded into one where the concern was more genuinely on the economy, which is meaningless these days anyway.
I remember people being deranked for having mor ethan the bare minimum equipped

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
script economy is such an utterly vapid term

dear lord what a sad little life jane

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
also while I'm glad this hasn't turned into some witch hunt where we @ and point fingers at people
oh, it has
just not on the forums

I shame the spasmoids who are doing this to people elsewhere, grow the fuck up

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
yeah, but now we should not be doing that

this is not ww3rp, and people who play it like ww3rp should be discouraged from doing so

Like pepic said before

This is a RP server with S2K, not the other way around
good luck convincing anyone to not do that
if it was possible then it would have been sorted a long time ago

boots

spooky skellys
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
script economy is such an utterly vapid term

dear lord what a sad little life jane

it exists solely for your enjoyment, so you don't get blasted by a sniper doing 5k damage to you from 1000 meters away.

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I'm pretty sure if we ran out of weapons and ammo staff would make us an event to retrieve some. I know it because that'd be the logical and optimal thing to do. Like I said, lack of supply means creating RP, and if I were admin I would jump on that opportunity to create content to solve an IC issue
these types of people cant think that far into the future unfortunately

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Now to flip the script

Why the fuck are some rebels such script whores they're trying to raid the supplies of event characters literally designed to (and have) give them a constant supply of weapons, ammo and food like its not fast enough or something???

Its this sort of shit that caused literally nobody of import to bother much with RebelRp for three years bc you just get shit in your mouth for trying to do anything for the majority lmao

Maybe if yall didn't fail to kill five OTA and lost everything in one go idk man

Raiden

cool cat
Premium Member
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Now to flip the script

Why the fuck are some rebels such script whores they're trying to raid the shit of characters literally designed to (and have) give them a constant supply of weapons, ammo and food like its not fast enough

Its this sort of shit that caused literally nobody of import to bother much with RebelRp for three years bc you just get shit in your mouth for trying to do anything for the majority lmao
who when and how aha

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
who when and how aha

Not sure who but someone has smashed the handout area of one of the event chars and tried to raid their containers despite the fact they've done nothing but give free shit out for the past week

I know it's not the majority of rebels or anything but it gets under my skin lmao