The Corona Class Ep. 4: New Year, Same Gamers

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
japanes-war-room-pearl-harbour-pearl-harbor-2001-BPHA79.jpg

Me using skanderbeg ancient inca spyplanes to analyze english weakpoints and compare forces to find the optimal time and place to strike so it results in their defeat

Reactions: List
D

Deleted member 372

Hello also gamers we should try and get together earlier tomorrow then we usual play by an hour or two so we can get more game in???

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae
a poem for @cns

oh what a shameful betrayer's lot,

he simped so hard,

but it was all for nought,

eternal simpage of the spotless map

each prayer unanswered

each game resigned

the simping slug best hope he's not near me in future games
[doublepost=1610757871][/doublepost]
1e4ac7514b5bd23056ceea9a7bdc2a05.png

b5ef7314d9003b9c35da59af1a9a19df.png

2e403118db87a184a66a2242cecd5082.png

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
the simping slug best hope he's not near me in future games
[doublepost=1610757871][/doublepost]
1e4ac7514b5bd23056ceea9a7bdc2a05.png

b5ef7314d9003b9c35da59af1a9a19df.png

2e403118db87a184a66a2242cecd5082.png
throughout my many games with people from neb I have found one thing out

never trust anyone cause they’ll turn on you eventually

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
throughout my many games with people from neb I have found one thing out

never trust anyone cause they’ll turn on you eventually
be professional
be polite
and have a plan to kill everyone you meet

keiiou

I asked to be banned
B A N N E D
Nebulae

c6a1dafcfffadef42e739cc0d9861c14.png

SESSION TWO - TIER LIST
"Can someone send some money?"

bc605ada7f573ba23890a748aa6d3c54.png

S

20px-Commonwealth.png

Commonwealth
The dragon of the east reigns supreme! With a newly acquired Hungary under her belt the Polish-Lithuanian commonwealth looks unstoppable!

A+

20px-Russia.png

Russia
Russia casts a large shadow over Europe, but with the recent spike in polish power, Russia may have to look east for the time being.

20px-Vijayanagar.png

Vijayanagar

Ruling as the de-facto emperor of India, the Kingdom of Vijayanagar has been busy consolidating its Indian holdings while also exploring trade & colonial ventures around the Indian ocean.

A

20px-France.png

France

With Castille taken care of and an English foothold acquired, France looks to have completely secured her surrounding region.

20px-Venice.png

Venice

With Byzantium integrated Venice now completely dominates the Mediterranean Sea.
With an invincible navy on her seas and her army substantially upgraded Venice seems to have rekindled the long-dead spirit of 'Mare Nostrum'.

B

18px-Madyas.png

Madyas
Madyas now rules as the primary power in Indonesia and the Philipines.
With a large navy at her disposal, a European invasion now seems unlikely.

20px-Sweden.png

Sweden
The Swedish space-marines are born!
With her terrifyingly strong army Sweden rules as the Lion in the north, and with Denmark and Norway took care of, future conquests in Germany and Russia seem likely.

C

20px-Portugal.png

Portugal
Having backstabbed Castille Portugal now find themselves as the only 'true' colonial power of Europe.

20px-Inca.png

Inca
The Incan Empire fights for its life against the English colonizer and if the war were to be lost - the future of the Golden Empire seems grim.

D

N/A

E

20px-Scotland.png

Possessing an economy in tatters and a broken army, Scotland hangs on by a thread.

AI SHOUTOUT

20px-Japan.png

Japan

20px-Jianzhou.png

Manchu

GRAVEYARD

20px-Castile.png

Castille - played by Goopy

Last edited:

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
be professional
be polite
and have a plan to kill everyone you meet
yeah especially you afric I’m pretty sure in every single fucking game so far we have feuded or fought

first game: japanese-portugese war for dominance over mexico

second game:
USA vs France for dominance and control of Louisiana and the Mississippi

third game:
Burgundy vs England, threatening war over dominance of the english trade node (game ended early and was never finished)

Fourth (current) game:
Disagreements over Bulgaria and Wallachia which didnt end in war but if i kept playing as serbia would most likely result in one

Maybe one day we can be good allies... we could be the strongest... but for now we will never know

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
yeah especially you afric I’m pretty sure in every single fucking game so far we have feuded or fought

second game:

third game:
Burgundy vs England, threatening war over dominance of the english trade node (game ended early and was never finished)

Fourth (current) game:
Disagreements over Bulgaria and Wallachia which didnt end in war but if i kept playing as serbia would most likely result in one

Maybe one day we can be good allies... we could be the strongest... but for now we will never know
i am a creature of violence i lash out at everyone

Oxy[Morons]

ส็ส็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็ส็
Nebulae

second game:

third game:

Fourth (current) game:

when i was savoy -> italy @afric was the only ally i considered to be trustworthy and loyal
you just need to know how to treat 'em

not like how i treated not tiger in how he lost tirol to rebels as austria which i then invaded, and took while fighting whoever was playing bavaria in like a 12 year war of attrition over the province due to our constant previous MP blood feuds giving me PTSD when he took a little too long to give me venetia as agreed
sorry not tiger

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae

2050508e61b8d06e744424499ce19a1b.png

tumblr_nyr977Vy2k1qetb0ho1_1280.jpg

THE KINGDOM OF SCOTLAND

Now's the day, and now's the hour;
See the front o' battle lour;
See approach proud Edward's power—
Chains and slavery!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

9ddd3c16c7bdd18cbc7893b407f0638a.png

DUNCAN I
THE ROYAL HOUSE OF STUART

KING OF SCOTLAND

Duncan The Weak began his rule at the dawn of the 1500s with much promise; to rebuild the Scottish economy, to restore its military forces, and unite the clans against the English foe - and finish the work of his father through southern conquests.

In all these tasks, he would fail. Absolutely. It would cast the Kingdom of Scotland into a spiral of turmoil it may never escape.

Duncan, who professed loyalty to the Catholic Church, sinned without restraint in his royal estate in Stirling, distant from the politics of the nobility in Edinburgh. Lustful orgies and disregard for his role as a ward of the Catholic faith saw a Papal Bull condemn his actions in 1506. It would compel many of his subjects to seek alternatives to an increasingly corrupt Catholic monarch.

In 1507, Scotland would embark on the Second War of Scottish Conquest against the Kingdom of England, supported by the French and Spanish. All three would be soundly defeated and, in a disasterous turn of events, Scotland would yet again be occupied by roaming English armies while Duncan regrouped to the far north of the mainland and brokered a peace with England which ceded no territory, but had crippled the Scottish realm once again.

Realising that England could not be subjugated without an even bloodier intervention, Duncan turned his navy to the North Atlantic, where the collapsing Kingdom of Norway was waging a war for its independence and the territory of Iceland appealed to the Scottish Colonial Company as a useful base for trans-Atlantic supply. An invasion force was dispatched in 1514. Upon arrival, however, the Scots found the territory claimed by the Kingdom of Sweden, who had intervened in Norway's affairs, occupying huge areas of its land, seizing Iceland, and rendering it a rump state.

However, this mere rump state, having made peace with Sweden, now turned its ire to Scotland and sought to corner the Scottish navy into a disadvantageous battle. Knowing the kingdom could not afford to rebuild its navy for the third time in two decades, Duncan bided his time while a brutal blockade of the capital set in.

For 4 long years, the Norwegian navy patrolled the eastern coast of Scotland, shattering its continental trade and once again reducing the nation to famine, alievated only in 1518 when the Scottish navy met the Norwegians at the Firth of Forth and smashed them, routing the Norwegians and delivering the knockout blow needed to end the conflict. But again, no real victory had been obtained, Iceland remained in Swedish hands, and many thousands had perished for nothing.

The clamour in Duncan's realm was set ablaze when his eldest son, Macbeth, rose in revolt against him.

b24e55578f2abbd59fe5f03a56b9052c.jpg

MACBETH I
CLAN STUART

PRETENDER-KING OF SCOTLAND
PRETENDER-KING OF FRANCE
DUKE APPARENT OF FOIX AND BRITANNY

Macbeth The Pretender seized power from his father King Duncan in the spring of 1519, utilising members of Clans McKenzie and Douglas, who has once been vanquished by the Stuarts, to declare an illegitimate and bloody reign over Scotland.

Furthermore, Macbeth had himself crowned King of France in a farcical and esoteric ceremony in Essex Cathedral, capitalising on a French succession crisis and the end of the Valois dynasty. Although mainland France never acted in recognition of Macbeth, ten thousand French soldiers on the British Isles swore fealty to him and marched north to wreak havoc across Scotland, killing tens of thousands in an 8-month reign of terror called 'The Bloody Year'

Macbeth's forces targeted all perceived enemies of his power; Stuart loyalists of his father, Lowland nobles, wealthy traders, all were hunted down and executed. Fire was the method, just as the Kings of Scotland had banished traitors centuries ago, when the land was still shrouded in the Dark Ages.

King Duncan, in hiding on Shetland, could only watch as his country slid further and further into complete pandemonium. France was invaded by a coalition of European powers at the invitation of the revolting nobility, the French wished to rule themselves and swore death upon Macbeth for daring to lay claim to the Sun Throne.

In the end, this coalition of distant European states proved to be a mere distraction. Macbeth, mad with power and paranoia, did not continence on a betrayal by the one who had the greatest cause to betray him - his younger brother, Prince Robert. A mere child of two years old, Macbeth did not see the boy as a threat. Although his guards kept a close watch upon him - a raid from pro-Stuart forces loyal to the old regime were able to break young Robert free and begin a general civil war across Scotland for Macbeth's deposal.

It would be the clansmen of the Gaelic speaking Highlands that defend Macbeth to the last. He was their man, their lord, the Stuart who killed Stuarts, who would return their lands and rights to them.

At the battle of Ellon, the fate of Scotland was settled when Macbeth was slain in combat by Lord Gordon, from whom he had taken his family in a terrible purge of so-called disloyal commanders.

Unable to arrive at a conclusive decision at a Clan summit on who should lead Scotland, the perfect timing of King Duncan's return to the mainland was greeted as a return to stability.

Duncan was crowned once more at Scone in 1520, renouncing his claims to France and its territory and once again becoming King of Scotland.

MV5BYjVhMzNmYmEtMDIzYy00OWY1LThhZGYtNTZlOTYxMDIzNjYwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDAxOTExNTM@._V1_.jpg

THE RESTORATION OF
DUNCAN I

KING OF SCOTLAND

Duncan The Weak continued his reign with an expanded colonial ambition that far outweighed the meagre finances of the Scottish state. Envisioning a coastal empire far across the sea, Duncan poured tens of thousands of the royal coffers into the voyage of Lord Dunbar, hoping to settle New World and bring riches untold home to Scotland.

The voyage would be exceptionally difficult; initially hampered by war on the continent, the Scottish fleet was diverted towards the Arctic, then down against the trade wind in order to each the American coastline - already they had lost their rations and were down to living off hard-tack and seabirds. Unable to determine the accuracy of their sailing, Dunbar took the expedition wildly off-course by roughly 1000 miles, slamming into the Delaware, and the tribal lands of hostile natives.

Dunbar and his colonists would trek for nearly two years, heading north through the American hinterland to reach the promise of Arbroath, the colony founded on the northern edge of the new-found land. By the time they arrived in 1522, many had already believed them long dead. They returned with stories of many native tribes, and in-depth knowledge on how this land may be conquered for Scotland. Dunbar detailed many accounts of battles fought between his colonists and hostile natives, yet the stories were so severe that many chose to think them fictions.

In 1524, the Isle of Mann, which had been ruled by England for centuries, broke free from English power. A fiercely independent and mysterious land, Duncan saw an opportunity to expand his realm with a token show of force - displaying Scotland's military efficiency to border threats with a sharp, professional invasion and annexation of the island kingdom. Like so many things in Duncan's rule, it was doomed to be far more costly than first thought.

The first invasion of the Isle of Mann, launched in 1527, consisted of five-thousand lowlander conscripts, supported by a small detachment of the Scottish navy. They would be roundly defeated at the Battle of Port Erin, sent crawling back to their invasion boats and across the sea once more.

To add to this humilation, Duncan defaulted on his outstanding debts within and outwith the Kingdom. Creditors threatened to mobilise rival Scottish clans or - worst of all - support an English invasion to secure the funds owed. This catastrophe was only averted by Tsarina Regent Queen Yuylia Shuisky, ruler of Muscovy.

Scotland was now a beggar nation. Its king, little more than a beggar himself, was humilated before the world and his people.

It could not stand.

In 1530, Duncan's 12 year old son, Robert, was crowned at Scone without the knowledge of King Duncan, who was exiled in disgrace to the Isle of Harris.

The clan chieftains hoped that this new boy king, this child, could be shaped into the leader Scotland needed.

A new Robert the Bruce.

3d39a6d21065c80015cee025001e306f.png

ROBERT IV

KING OF SCOTLAND

Robert The Unready did not rule like his predecessors. His actions were controlled by the Clan Gatherings, the Scottish Parliament, and the Catholic clergy, in a way that no king in Scotland's history ever had been before. Through weakness, Robert inherited a constitutional monarchy predicated on failure.

In the early part of his rule, in 1532, the Scottish Lords finally conquered the Isle of Mann, integrating the pathetic vassal kingdom into Scotland at the expense of ten-thousand men over the course of the conflict.

In the same year, the Kingdom of Spain, a loyal ally to Scotland - and the most powerful Catholic nation in Scotland geopolitical sphere, was invaded by the French and partitioned by the traitorous Portugal and De Neufville, the new elevated French noble who called himself King of France.

This conflict was deemed impossible for Scotland to enter on the side of Spain, and so its final alternative ally was vanquished. Scotland now remains shackled to the power mad French king and his expanding realm, teetering on the edge of an unwinnable conflict.

In 1542, English raiders launched a campaign of terror into the southern marches, capturing Newcastle and getting as far north as Portobello on the Lothian coast, coming within miles from the capital itself. Robert personally led the force to defeat the English mercenaries, who were suspected to be in the payment of King Edward V, the tyrant master of England.

However, in a terrible night ambush, Robert and his host were defeated at the Battle of Kelso and forced into a rout back towards Edinburgh, abandoning Ayrshire to the raiders.

Without support from some of his own squabbling lords, some of whom now openly sided with the English King, Robert lowered himself further and requested the now-powerful Swedish Kingdom dispatch an equal force to strengthen Robert's host.

The raiders were defeated in 1544. To help alleviate the terrible cost of this new conflict, the Scottish Parliament authorised the sale of the Faroe Islands to Sweden. Everywhere, it seemed, the Kingdom of Scotland was stalling, or in retreat.

Beyond these catastophies, abroad Scotland's colonial project was coming undone; burdened by historic debt and rampant corruption, the House of Stuart has squandered and stagnated its chance to reach the New World - with Spain, Portugal and even England establishing lucrative colonies across south and central America.

Scotland remains, for now.
But its freedom is fleeting.
One must come and save it from destruction,
Or else it shall be lost to waves of time forever
Forgotten, vanquished
The fate of proud nations

"They have tied me to a stake; I cannot fly,
But, bear-like, I must fight the course."

Fight on, fight on,
Until the day is won
Or lost

end of part 2

Last edited:

the last man

corn lord
Nebulae

292632d5935f5b2a6976fdcac872fada.png

8db8be34cb7beb6884cb96e8fc67c6d0.jpg

Unge Karl I ser tillbaka över Östersund från Själlands slätter, målad 1843
Young Karl I gazes back over the Östersund strait on the fields of Zealand, painted 1843

Karl_Knutssons_%28Bonde%29_vapen_%28i_rikssigillet_1448%29.png

Svea Rike

Realm of the Swedes

______

Rising like a shooting star on the starry northern hemisphere's sky, the Realm of the Swedes has spent little time idle since its regained independence. Staging a full conquest of the heartlands of Denmark, Norway and much of the previous Livonian Order, the might of the Kingdom has shaken the region surrounding the baltic sea to its very core.

_______

August of 1509 - 1510

The death of King Magnus shakes the realm awake during a time of prolonged peace. Having left the matter of his successor largely untouched, the heir-apparent seemed to remain his firstborn son, Gustav Oxtenstierna, who was already middle-aged and experienced in matters of statecraft.

On the fifth of August, 1509, three days after the death of King Magnus, the Riksdag is called to officially draft up letters of royal succession, finally putting official signature on a process which had been technically delegated entirely to the elective of the Riksdag.

On the eight of August, Interregnum Steward of the Realm Gustav Oxenstierna, appointed by old legal technicality of the laws surrounding the post of Steward, is officially crowned Hans Majestät Gustav I Oxenstierna, Konung af Svea Rike och Härskare över Vänderna.

In 1510, Gustav I marries young Ulrika Eleonora, who shortly afterward gives birth to a son, Karl.

________

1512 - 1514
Första Brödrafolkens Krig
First War of the Brother-peoples
In 1512, newly crowned Gustav I is officially sanctioned by the Riksdag a war-chest for the conquest of Norway. The fledgling kingdom of Norway, embroiled in a liberation war of their own against the tyrannical danes, are quickly squashed and the war ends after a relatively short campaign in the norwegian mountains. Much of Norway is conquered and integrated, including Iceland, much to the dismay of the recently distanced Scottish across the North Sea.

_________
1515 - 1521
Rigakriget
The Riga War
In 1515, another war is sanctioned by the Riksdag, perceived to be a quick and easy conquest of the remaining lands of the Livonian Order, as well as the trade city of Riga. For half a decade, war rages across Livonian lands, leading eventually to a painful conquest of Riga and an ultimate stalemate in the conquest of the remainders of Livonia, as many free cities of the HRE used their sizeable merchant navies to block the swedish crossing to Ösel.

22f2167a1e83398d5f8c80a5b94eb9b6.png

_________
1524 - 1525
Karl I
In 1524, Gustav I passes away due to prolonged injuries sustained during the Riga War, leaving his heir-apparent Karl Oxenstierna only 14 summers old. Ulrika Eleonora, the Queen of Sweden, takes over as regent until young Karl comes of age, leading a quiet and peaceful reign as the realm eagerly awaits their new king, the third of the Oxenstierna dynasty.

In early 1525, Karl Oxenstierna is crowned in the grand cathedral of Stockholm, annointed as Hans Majestät Karl I Oxenstierna, Konung af Svea Rike, Riksföreståndare af Norge, Härskare över Vänderna.

_________
1525 - 1526
Islandskampen
The Iceland Fight
Throughout his first year as King, Karl is tested by a logistical nightmare, stemming from an insurrection on Iceland. Without a fleet with a capacity to ferry any sizeable force across the North Sea, Karl had to quickly scurry a larger naval force with a small trained army, spearheaded by the realm's best commanders.

Eventually in 1526, the insurrection is crushed by the expeditionary force, leaving Iceland largely pacified.

After only a couple of months of peace, the Realm's steadfast ally, the Commonwealth, calls for aid in a continental war against Bohemia, giving Karl the first taste of european conquest as he fields armies from Budapest to Lwow to the mountains of Bohemia.

_________
1530 - 1536
Riksstånden
The Estates of the Realm
In 1530, the Riksdag and King affirm its committment to the Realm's recent history of estate-led popular representation within the power balance of the nation. The official treaty of the Estates General is drafted and ratified by the Riksdag, making the division of Sweden's classes and peopls official and empowered.

During the first Riksdag of the Estates, the assembly presents the King with a sizeable war chest, its eyes set on the last remains of Norway and the archipelago of Denmark.

In late 1530, war is declared, and Karl I leads a widely successful campaign using naval and military might and discipline, conquering the islands of Denmark and the last remaining provinces of Norway, putting them firmly under the domain of the Realm.

_________
1539 - 1541
Fälttåget i Ungern
The Campaign in Hungary
In 1539, with the blessing of the Riksdag Estates, Karl I moves his newly refurnished army across the Baltic Sea, engaging in a prolonged campaign that aids the Commonwealth in its conquests in central Europe.

Karl I, utilizing the harsh discipline of his army reforms, leads a widely successful campaign, laying siege to Budapest and driving the armies of Austria back from the fields of northern poland.

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Haha can't wait to see the AAR from Dallas about Scotland, last one he wrote seemed to put him on a good trajectory for next session! <- [clueless]

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae

330px-Inca.png

Isolated, for thousands of years these people have lived in the Andes mountains, such harsh conditions that many would deem uninhabitable.

Deep in the Peruvian jungles, lies a bastion.
A citadel.
A city made of gold, inhabited by thousands upon thousands.

The city of Cusco, the heart of the Inca empire.

The Inca lack any form of written language.

All of their knowledge is passed down from word of mouth, making their accomplishments even more astonishing.

Despite their isolation and lack of a written language, not only have they developed cannons, but weapons that function similarly to the firearms of Europe.

Their isolation seemingly ended when a courier from the northern most part of the Empire reported sightings of strange men in shining silver armour wandering through the jungle and setting up camps near the coast.

This would mark the arrival of the English.

Following their arrival, various diseases spread throughout the Empire with no way to combat them.

The Gods were displeased and the people were being punished.

Thousands upon thousands died, littering the streets in corpses, it crippled the Empire.

The epidemic reached its peak when the then Emperor of the Inca Empire succumbed to smallpox, igniting a civil war.

Thousands upon thousands of men rose up across the Empire, separatists and insurrectionists.

The elite Inca army swiftly dealt with them, but not without a great cost. Thousands of lives and many supplies lost, the cities and countrysides were devastated, and it left the Empire vulnerable.

Due to the various pandemics and recent wars much of the conscriptable population was now gone, their manpower crippled.

After a period of instability the Inca recovered, the Emperor demanded a reform to the religious practices.

Many complied, some did not.

Over twenty thousands zealots rose up as part of another civil war, sieging the capital of Cusco down only to be slaughtered once more by the retaliating army.

This was followed by an era of relative peace and prosperity, the final surrounding nations were integrated in the diverse Inca Empire, gold flowed through the rivers and harvests were plentiful.

The Emperor constructed various fortresses, and established many new cities and towns along the great highway that stretched from the northernmost point to the very bottom of the Empire.

The period of peace ended in the middle of the XVI century, when a ship filled with these strange men landed on the coast and begun setting up settlements.

The Empire initially traded with them, supplied them, helped them.

Disease had stopped spreading by now, a majority of the population had either died or survived the various illnesses.

This era of peace would be cut short, in 1541 an army of one thousand English troops marched into the Empire, sacking, pillaging and raping anything that they could find.

It was a declaration of war.

The future of the Inca Empire remains uncertain.
This is the war that will decide its fate, its faith and its dominance on the continent.

Last edited: