• Yes

Votes: 81 43.5%
  • No is cancer.

Votes: 105 56.5%

• Total voters

mouse

Proton
Nebulae
It could be like the same thing, only maybe the U.S.A are the badguys or no one is a goodguy, or maybe a mix of FrundTech and WW3 lore, Frundtech gets so big that they're protecting countries worldwide and U.S.A doesnt like them anymore.
Shrug.
Idea box.

steambored

Make no mistake, this is a one-way trip.
Nebulae
Yes! Two servers is enough!
dude you dont need an all cap bolded size 5-6 sentence to say something or drive a point idk why youre doing that at all its like using caps on a comment you dislike on youtube.

anyway, now on topic
while yes there were alot of issues in ww3rp and there is no point installing a third server unless one of em flips or we get enough playerbase to even install the third server, now about ww3rp in general, the problem is and was indeed within the playerbase as we kept accepting those that cant rp at all and those that suck at english, poor training etc, then theres the problem of some people minging thus giving a wrong idea for newly trained recruits. Large portion of our problem was minges that masked them as jokes or "just messing around". while i can turn a blind eye to erp, it doesnt mean i approve of it even though im guilty of it as i did it once as well. one last problem is s2kers, there were quite a few people that only came on to s2k, while id love for ww3rp to return, but if ww3rp were to return it should get some serious reforms, choose their staff wisely and return back to the modern age, crack down on minging heavily, make more rp events and ops because fuck those s2k operations are boring, overall endorse rp over s2k.

thats just my opinion

Postino

Atom
Nebulae
even though my playtime on the server was <10hrs i had a good time there, hopefully it's coming back but right now we'd weaken the two servers in terms of playerbase

let it grow, then pull ww3rp with good management if needed (please just not the 80s shit, but thats my personal opinion)

ginomax

Neutrino
Nebulae
but if this were even to be considered, we'd have to wait until both hl2rp and ftrp gained a stable enough playerbase, but 3 servers launching around the same time probs wouldnt go too well as there would be a huge split in the playerbase of each server

Hl2 and ftrp servers are everyday full

Reactions: List

Kirshbia

Music Junkie
Nebulae
dude you dont need an all cap bolded size 5-6 sentence to say something or drive a point idk why youre doing that at all its like using caps on a comment you dislike on youtube.

anyway, now on topic
while yes there were alot of issues in ww3rp and there is no point installing a third server unless one of em flips or we get enough playerbase to even install the third server, 1.now about ww3rp in general, the problem is and was indeed within the playerbase 2.as we kept accepting those that cant rp at all and those that suck at english, poor training etc, 3. then theres the problem of some people minging thus giving a wrong idea for newly trained recruits. 4. Large portion of our problem was minges that masked them as jokes or "just messing around". 5.while i can turn a blind eye to erp, it doesnt mean i approve of it even though im guilty of it as i did it once as well. 6.one last problem is s2kers, there were quite a few people that only came on to s2k, while id love for ww3rp to return, but if ww3rp were to return it should get some serious reforms, choose their staff wisely and return back to the modern age, crack down on minging heavily, 7. make more rp events and ops because fuck those s2k operations are boring, overall endorse rp over s2k.

thats just my opinion

You know, I usually don't try to come out to roast people or come off as a large asshole. But this entire post makes me think you're living on top of a place called bullshit mountain and you've kind fell into the slippery slope of elitism (which given your skill level is still somewhere around bisexual supermodel lesbian who is kinda nutty, it makes me wonder why you rank yourself there but hey. What the hell. Bullshit mountain is as vast as it is tall) . In my likely futile attempt to bring you down from the mountain I am posting about this tonight.

I've taken the liberty of numbering and bolding the bits that stand out and leave me completely in awe to the point I can't stop myself from replying anymore. So, uh, let's just dive right in.

1. From point 3 that you yourself listed I highly doubt even you believe that. Several staff members in fact were outright scared of administrating even though situations the would complain to myself, Not Tiger, @Blackquill. other SD's, maybe Gurra too about would in no way get them in trouble for handling. Now, don't get me wrong the playerbase carried it's own share of the fault. But to outright say they were the only ones to the point that'd you actually have the audacity to say some crazy shit like that is a pretty clear sign of where the problem lies.

2. You mean, when we accepted people like Mpower? Or @Mendel? Jeez, man. You're absolutely correct nobody should take responsibility to teach new roleplayers. Because all may seem mingy now totally means they'll never fit into the community and should be outcasted out of our superior roleplay servers! /sarcasm

Both of these listed like many others in the old community (Even if I remember @Blackquill speaking once, he joined the TS because he got banned in Hl2RP. I should of added him to that list too. But I feel like the point was hammered) kinda make your statement there a walking paradox of cynical bullshit. While some people may never go past being a minge, we have a loooot of people here from LP who were just given a chance. Hudson crusaded for Mpower, defending Mendel made me tired sometimes but honestly? It was worth it.

3 + 4: Huh, the playerbase was the only problem, huh? Are we pretty positive on that one?

5. Thanks for sharing! I remember you ERPing too. It's really hard to get me to regret my life decisions, but oh boy.

6. Actually, most of the problem would likely fall to the "super serious roleplayers" if you're in a script where the weapons are the most polished feature, you can't blame people for fighting or wanting to S2K. Even, though I get that the set up itself was frustrating within itself the end facts were a lot of those people labeled as S2kers did actually try at some point to RP more with others only to be faced with getting labeled as bad for the server and generally disrespected. The truth is when WW3 was best was when both sides had a healthier respect for each other and nobody really bothered with setting S2ker camps and srs rper camps and you know just did the thing they wanted to do and created a lot of roleplay usually hand in hand with each other.

7. @Mendel and @Dallas wrote up some baller ass events, and I had some planned but nobody really had an interest in it including a decent portion of the "srs" rper crowd and given you know the TDM events filled the server even with people from earlier crowd it makes me inclined to think not many roleplay heavy events weren't there for a reason, while I am not the biggest fan of having operations decide a campaign, that's about my only gripe.

Anyways, tl;dr. If you really want to know the problem with WW3RP was? Take look at the post you wrote Spectre, and just re-read through it. It's fairly obvious where most of the problem lies.

There you go.

steambored

Nebulae
. You mean, when we accepted people like Mpower? Or @Mendel? Jeez, man. You're absolutely correct nobody should take responsibility to teach new roleplayers. Because all may seem mingy now totally means they'll never fit into the community and should be outcasted out of our superior roleplay servers! /sarcasm
never said every single one, there are people that have potential of learning and show it, but a large amount of people dont, i never claimed they should be outcasted.

You know, I usually don't try to come out to roast people or come off as a large asshole. But this entire post makes me think you're living on top of a place called bullshit mountain and you've kind fell into the slippery slope of elitism (which given your skill level is still somewhere around bisexual supermodel lesbian who is kinda nutty, it makes me wonder why you rank yourself there but hey. What the hell. Bullshit mountain is as vast as it is tall) . In my likely futile attempt to bring you down from the mountain I am posting about this tonight.

elitism? since when am i an elitist, i dont understand the point of skill level what is this an mmorpg game, whats the point of that sentence

From point 3 that you yourself listed I highly doubt even you believe that. Several staff members in fact were outright scared of administrating even though situations the would complain to myself, Not Tiger, @Blackquill. other SD's, maybe Gurra too about would in no way get them in trouble for handling. Now, don't get me wrong the playerbase carried it's own share of the fault. But to outright say they were the only ones to the point that'd you actually have the audacity to say some crazy shit like that is a pretty clear sign of where the problem lies.

no the playerbase wasnt the only problem, theres been a number of times were people pointed out ww3rp staff team faults and problems, i myself was afraid of administrating in some situations and yes i am completely believe the points i made.

Both of these listed like many others in the old community (Even if I remember @Blackquill speaking once, he joined the TS because he got banned in Hl2RP. I should of added him to that list too. But I feel like the point was hammered) kinda make your statement there a walking paradox of cynical bullshit. While some people may never go past being a minge, we have a loooot of people here from LP who were just given a chance. Hudson crusaded for Mpower, defending Mendel made me tired sometimes but honestly? It was worth it.

refer to point one of this reply some people have potential of learning from mistakes

. Thanks for sharing! I remember you ERPing too. It's really hard to get me to regret my life decisions, but oh boy.

thanks for sarcam really forwards your point here

Actually, most of the problem would likely fall to the "super serious roleplayers" if you're in a script where the weapons are the most polished feature, you can't blame people for fighting or wanting to S2K. Even, though I get that the set up itself was frustrating within itself the end facts were a lot of those people labeled as S2kers did actually try at some point to RP more with others only to be faced with getting labeled as bad for the server and generally disrespected. The truth is when WW3 was best was when both sides had a healthier respect for each other and nobody really bothered with setting S2ker camps and srs rper camps and you know just did the thing they wanted to do and created a lot of roleplay usually hand in hand with each other.

not all s2kers are horrible rpers that i didnt claim, the true s2kers im talking about are those that dont rp at all,those who were spec ops can be forgiven and those that rp'd, sure too serious rp isnt fun, but it shouldnt go to too unserious either. but there are still people who just waited 30 minutes and went out again and kept repeating the cycle endlessly.

but hey thats just your opinion and ill respect it, but im just going from what ive heard from staff, previous threads, and and my own opinions and what i have seen happen, not even trying to be an elitist

steambored

Nebulae
so theres true s2kers and false s2kers

enlighten me on who you believe is a true s2ker

youre fucking delusional, there wasnt a big divide of two groups, "roleplayers" and "s2kers"
by true i meant like people that just come to s2k as said here
im talking about are those that dont rp at all
it isnt a big divide, and is barely seeable, but the main s2kers problem arose because of fas2, thats the whole reason this s2k issue happened, like said once in the change gunpack sugg on lp fas2 made it competitive, thus the s2kers issue thus this whole s2ker term started.

Deleted member 93

Nucleus
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
@Oxy[Morons] has got a point, its really just up to the faction management to ensure role play is definitely favored over S2K.
You could see it during Coalition's downfall in Alaska, when Punch started promoted people purely on leadership.
I get it, we need good leadership but, the problem lies with the fact that leadership was considered by how many could you kill on the field, nothing about how your character is portrayed within the base.
Thats where the mentality really hit the players and everybody started to see the downfall of WW3.

If you're looking to bring back WW3, you gotta ensure that high positions of power such as faction management are given to the right hands.

ruben slikk

life aint shut but a fat vagin
Nebulae
ww3rp ran its course

if we're gonna make it again, we need to 1. wait a pretty long time, let it rest 2. make it waay better and different

D

Deleted member 22

Pretty soon there will probably be threads titled

Replace Frundtech with world war 2 roleplay

Just let it vanish the cm obviously had more interest in Frundtech for a reason

Dist

Proton
Nebulae
The majority of players believe it or not, are not adults. This means that no matter what you do the high school drama and childish arguments will always exist as well as slim curvy strong independent woman meme with heterochromia and MP patches and 6'8 Brickhouses with bulging muscles.

AlexD

Iᴛ's ᴊᴜsᴛ ʀᴘ ʙʀᴏ
Nebulae
elitism? since when am i an elitist, i dont understand the point of skill level what is this an mmorpg game, whats the point of that sentence

hey just gonna quickly slip into the conversation here but elitism is common as fuck in roleplay communities and if you haven't experienced it you haven't been in enough servers/communities or you haven't roleplayed for long enough