Half-Life: Alyx Official Thread

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
This could be an implication of Eli losing his leg

Heavy Rain-esque scene where you have to hack off eli's leg in grisly detail with a handheld manhack

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
In a developer Q&A, the following was said:

I thought Eli lost his leg while fighting a bullsquid?
After escaping, he relocated to City 17, where he contributed to founding the local Resistanceand became the leader of Black Mesa East. During that period, he also lost his leg to a Bullsquid while helping Isaac Kleiner climb over a barrier in order to get into City 17.

theres links to sources on the half life wiki

i think its just zombies getting cut in half with saws again, like it was done in hl2, but maybe they changed their minds about eli’s leg and we’ll see it happen now, or maybe theres a mission where you sneak kleiner in based off that previous statement?

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
coronavirus has put a spanner in my plan to visit my brother to play this
no fucking way am i getting on a bus or train fuck that shit

ive waited 13 years for half life alyx, i can wait a few more months

fuck it, /letsplaygang/
imagine spoiling the first new half life in over a decade by watching some retard play it and miss half the content

i'm staying spoiler-free until i can afford an index

In a developer Q&A, the following was said:

i really doubt it, we already know that canonically, he loses his leg fighting a bullsquid

my best guess is that it'll be antlions instead, given the trailers seem to show glowing points on their limbs

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
So Dell, in all their wisdom, never shipped any BIOS patches for the inspirion motherboards, so my gen 3 ryzen upgrade can't be installed until I get a new board.
Can still play half-life at least, just at minspec on the CPU side, which is a real fucking shame.

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Thing I wanted to point out from this video
Valve added in an option to have traditional pulley Barnacles, and not just chokey bois

Reactions: List

hawke

Proton
Nebulae
Anyone know of any one who bought the Valve Index and is now recently deceased and no longer in need of it? I will greatly take on the burden of honoring their spirit by putting their formal belonging to good use in 7 days.

ss_c63555869a58a5105c8996d8480af5d345ce39cd.jpg

bubblegum

you should see me in a crown
Nebulae
when is it released

Anyone know of any one who bought the Valve Index and is now recently deceased and no longer in need of it? I will greatly take on the burden of honoring their spirit by putting their formal belonging to good use in 7 days.

ss_c63555869a58a5105c8996d8480af5d345ce39cd.jpg

just buy a rift my man

Reactions: List
D

Deleted member 1392

He'll do what every other shit tier youtuber has done when they got VR
Start randomly groping everyone because they think it's funny.
That's a bit mean. He's an alright guy